Alleyway

Leo didn't leave his room the next day, not even to eat or patrol. His brothers didn't come get him either, Which leo had to admit, was disappointing. He figured at least mikey would be worried, perhaps they didn't realize the weight of what they said.

That was most likely.

His brothers often overlook important emotional aspects at times, Even mikey, self proclaimed Dr. Feelings. Perhaps mikey was just so upset with him and splinter that he overlooked his brother's emotions.

Leo honestly didn't know. He hoped his family still gave a crap about him but he wouldn't just ask them.

Cause he's a coward that simply doesn't want to know the answer. Or perhaps he knows the answer and is lying to himself.

The next day leo was forced to leave his room to eat. His insomnia was acting up again so he was up early at 6:00 am.

He made his way downstairs and made himself a bowl of dry cereal. He wanted milk but april had forgotten to go to the store again. He would have to remind her. considering she was the only person that didn't hate his guts right now, he didn't mind.

He returned to his room shortly after and ate it. It hardly filled him up since he hadn't eaten the day before, but he wasn't going back down. His brothers were up now and he wasn't looking forward to their next encounter.

Splinter showed up at his door with a few loud knocks that startled the slider out of his bed. He begrudgingly got out of bed muttering a few 'coming, coming.' Before opening his door.

"Blue. We need to talk." The short rat said as soon as he had opened the door. Very subtle. But then again when was his dad ever subtle.

"Sure dad, come in." Leo said nonchalantly.

The small rat stepped inside. "Your brothers told me you didn't come out of your room at all today or yesterday." The rat said.

Oh, so they did notice and just didn't care. "Yeah well, I don't exactly feel like getting yelled at again." Leo said sarcastically, crossing his arms over his chest as he stared down at the small rat.

"Leonardo, we talked about this. Your brothers just need time." Splinter said, pinching the bridge of his nose and shaking his head.

Leo barely resisted the urge to start an argument over the leadership position again.

"So you want me to go out with a team who doesn't listen to me and could put us all in a bad position, or even get us hurt? Dad, you know as well as I do this will only lead to disaster." Leo said, narrowing his eyes at Splinter.

Leo didn't know if he would be good at leading, he had lead the team temporarily once or twice sure, but he prefers the sidelines, waiting to step in should the need arise. Being thrust into this new position has not only put alot of pressure on him but had now caused chaos among the team. It would all be fixed if Splinter would just admit he was wrong and put raph back in the leader position.

But he wouldn't, and now leo was paying for it.

"Then you need to get them to listen to you." The rat said as if it was the simplest thing ever.

"And how exactly would I do that?" Leo said condescendingly.

"The only way trust is built is by spending time with them, you can't stay locked up in your room and expect everything to change while you're absent." The rat said, turning to leave. "Go on more missions and prove you are worthy Leonardo. I know you are and you do too." And like that Splinter had left the slider alone in his room.

Splinter had chosen raph as their leader and protector at an early age. It was chosen merely based on age rather then who had the capability of it.

Leo had naturally always thought raph was the best choice. But his plans often needed work, if they even had a plan at all. Most of the time they'd just wing it. He could see why his father might not deem him fit to lead. But why him? And at such a horrible time as well.