7

"Somebody asked me if I knew you.

A million memories flashed through my mind,

I just smiled and said

'I used to.'

It's so sad how you were

Such a big part of my life,

And now you're just gone"

Y/N's POV

Two months had passed and there was still no way out.

Every day we would wake up and walk through the corridors, mapping out every different turn we took. No matter which way we took, the end couldn't be found. And we didn't have eternity to spend in there, so we turned back to safety.

None of us wanted to admit it, but we were trapped. And we wouldn't tell the other boys, because they deserved to have the hope of an exit.

And no one wanted to admit that we weren't fast enough, we weren't getting anywhere walking. But running the maze sounded like hell.

At some point we decided to split up in pairs, each taking our own route in order to maximize our chances of finding the exit. The pairs were different every day, that way we wouldn't be bored of each other's company. Newt and Gally were in charge of them, and strangely Minho and I had never been paired together. Not that I'd complain. The more stressed out we'd become, the more times Minho and I had jumped at each other's throats and inevitably cause chaos.

"What do you want to do when we get out of here?" asked Gally. He and I were currently an hour into our walk, asking each other random questions to pass the time.

"I'm quite fond of this idea, that when we get out of here. The four of us would go to school and just have a normal life," I continued, "It doesn't sound like much but it just sounds so perfect. The runners taking mathematics, can you imagine? What about you?"

Gally chuckled at the idea of us in school, "I'm not sure, maybe just find my family you know? Stay friends with you three and I don't know, own a dog."

"A dog?"

"Yes, a dog,"

"What would you name it?"

"I dunno, never really thought about it"

"What about flash?"

"Flash?"

"Yes, the runners and flash," I said as if I was presenting a movie title.

"I like the sound of that"

"Do you think you would be able to keep a dog alive?"

"Sod off, of course, I could"

"I've seen you in the garden and those poor plants"

"Ok, I rip out a couple of plants and you label me as an animal killer?"

"Rip is an understatement"

Gally scoffed and lightly punched me on the arm, and we started to wrestle playfully the rest of the way down the corridor.

"Left or right?"

"Let's go left this time and right tomorrow?" he suggested.

"Aye aye captain," I said, using my hand to give him a fake salute.