Prologue

You didn't like nor dislike your job. Sure, you liked going out, you liked to be surrounded by different kinds of people and you loved to dress up, even if it was to go to such as simple place, like Walmart. You kinda enjoyed the attention, some people would stop to compliment you, some others looked at you weird but you mostly didn't get bad comments which made you feel good.
However, you stopped dressing up for work after a while... you kinda stopped bothering, tho this didn't stop you from putting on some makeup sometimes, you still liked the feeling.

As a cashier at a gas station, there usually weren't regulars since people just passed by while on a trip and stuff, tho there were some truck drivers who would go through that route frequently because of their job, so their faces were familiar and they knew your name (since it was written on your uniform vest) but you didn't know about them, you weren't very talkative solely because you didn't know how to. Yes, you liked people but at the same time you don't really know how to talk to them and your social battery runs out very easily, so it was kind of an ambiguous feeling towards them.

The place where you worked at wasn't completely desolated...well at least it wasn't at the middle of nowhere, if you walked like 7-10 minutes you could start seeing some houses and there was a subway too, the one that would take you home. So you would usually take your skateboard to walk less and get there faster, besides you really liked the feeling of air against your skin, it just felt good.
Sometimes you wished you weren't the only one working there, so you could get some help in "busy" days (when there were like, 4 people in line at the same time) and so you wouldn't be completely alone, since sometimes you felt kinda awkward when angry customers started fighting with you and there was no one to back you up. It had its perks tho, like you could listen to anything you wanted when there weren't clients, you could sing if you wanted, maybe draw a little... you enjoyed your alone time and you wouldn't be able to if someone else worked there with you, so there's that.

As of now, you were taking some time off school. You graduated high school 4 months ago, and it left you absolutely exhausted; you wanted to take a year off and work in yourself before applying to university.
Today was a lazy day by definition, so much your head was nodding off of your hands while you not so desperately tried to stay awake.
-3 more hours to go...- You said to yourself.
...
You started tapping your fingers on the counter.
...
You groaned, might as well do your actual job.
Since today there weren't many customers, the items were mostly in their place so you didn't need to arrange anything, now the floor on the other hand, looked like a damn crime scene. Some customer had dropped their slushie earlier this morning, and well, the sugar mixed with the already kinda dirty floor just made a mess, besides it had dried up and it was sticky.
Putting on one of your earphones, you start mopping the floor; your arms were getting kinda tired tho, it was hard to clean it up.
Following your figure as you did something as simple as mopping the floor, some people say humans can sense when they're being watched even if it's not directly, yet you couldn't possibly notice the pair of eyes staring at you from outside... nor did you notice the same pair directly looking at you on the subway from home or when you entered the bathroom back at the station to fix yourself up a little.
And even if you started paying attention of your surroundings, you wouldn't notice, not yet... not now, not until HE wanted.
Humming to the tune coming out of your earphone, you didn't even notice when he slowly entered the store and started to check up some items that he didn't even use, didn't even need.
Finishing up you dried the floor, -Shiny as a diamond- you said in a proud manner... you knew it wouldn't last two seconds tho.
Looking up to the ceiling mirror, you noticed someone standing in front of the register. "Shoot, how long has that dude been standing there for?" You thought, quickly walking behind the counter.
-Hi! Good afternoon. Sorry for the wait- you said, beginning to grab the items to scan them, -anything else you need?-... no answer. You looked up at the person in front of you, you could barely make out his face at all, it was hidden under a hoodie and a face mask. You could tell there was long hair there tho, black messy strands popped from underneath.
... still no answer. You began to scan the items one by one.
-That would be 12.40- you said, smiling a little while handing him the bag. He gave you the exact change and grabbed the bag, not saying anything still. You started to organize the cashier, growing a bit nervous of his presence and waiting for him to leave.
-Thanks, (y/n)- he said in a barely audible voice.
This wasn't the first time a client had called you by your name, in fact it was quite common and it never bothered you, but hearing it come out of this person's mouth made you freeze. You didn't even knew what you were doing, you were just grabbing money and putting it back, closing and opening the machine without a purpose. You just didn't wanna look up.
-... yeah, no problem- you said, still not looking up.
Yet this seemed to convince him, since he left afterwards.
30 minutes to close. You were already phoning a friend of yours to see if they could come pick you up, there was no way you'd go back home alone.