2.2.

"Mamá, please."I pleaded, trying to pull her away from Casita as we were invited over for dinner and I just knew this was no coincidence. So, I was trying so hard to stop this dinner from happening. I had tried to lock myself up in my room till my mom convinced Luisa to come to our house who kindly asked if I was alright while my mother was threatening me by saying that Luisa was going to break the door if I did not open it immediately. I may have caved when she said that but only because I was sure Luisa actually did not want to break the door to my room. I was pretty sure she had no idea that my mother expected her to do that. When we went to the market, I tried to slip away and hide somewhere yet my mother took my wrist each time I wandered too far away from her. And in my last attempt to stop this all, I may have fallen down the stairs which thinking about it now, had not been my brightest idea as we were having dinner with the Madrigals and Julieta who makes the food that can heal almost everything. So perhaps that was not the best thing to do when I did not want to go there. 

"Stop stalling, Y/N."Mom hissed, stopping in front of the door as she knocked on it, waiting for someone to answer the door. "No, I know you're up to something and I will not stand for it."I hissed back, crossing my arms with a huff. "You can barely stand, idiota. Why did you throw yourself down the stairs, you loca?"She asked. "Maybe because I do not want to have this dinner, mamá!"I answered frustrated. "You make it sound like this will be the end of the world."She hissed back, throwing a glare at me. "Sí! This will be the end of the world for me!"I exclaimed loudly. "You do not even know why we are here."She whispered back. "I think you're going to give my hand away. My hand!"I whispered back just as the door opened as Mirabel smiled brightly yet doubt filled her eyes when she felt the tension that hung between my mother and I. "Hóla!"She said happily, pecking my mom on the cheek and I before inviting us inside. "You should have been married long ago."Mom whispered as she shrugged of her coat. "I am married. To myself and it's a great marriage. There is mutual respect."I hissed as she huffed at that, shaking her head. "Increíble."She muttered, hanging her coat on the wall. "You've lost your mind."She added. "I lost my mind?!"I asked in schock, quickly taking off my coat to also hang it on the wall. "I think you've lost your mind!"I threw back as she placed her hands on her hips, turning around to look at me. "You were talking to this house a mere nights ago."She hissed. "Well, Casita listens better to me than you ever did!"I threw back with crossed arms. "And you never listen to your own madre!"She said back with a glare, forcing a smile on her face as she turned her attention to Mirabel who was standing by us a bit awkwardly, wishing for sure that she had made Camilo open the door instead of herself. "I'm sorry for mi hija. She is a stubborn lady."Mom said to her as she just chuckled. "It's alright. Really."She quickly said. "If you follow me to the garden. We have decided to eat outside for tonight."She explained as she quickly started walking as my mother followed her immediately while I trailed a bit behind. "I don't think anyone is crazy for talking to you Casita."I whispered, patting the wall as Casita moved some tiles at that. "Y/N!"Mother yelled when she turned around as I quickly went towards her. "I was reassuring Casita because not only have you hurt my feelings. You also hurt Casita's."I hissed as she rolled her eyes at that. "It's a house."She said under her breathe. "It's a magical house."I hissed back with a glare. "Hóla, Alma!"My mother greeted Alma immediately, pecking her cheek as I quickly looked around. Luisa was standing by her padre, Agustín. Mirabel had joined her other sister, Isabela and was whispering to her probably telling her about my little fight with my mother. Dolores was talking to her parents and her brother, Camilo, probably explaining what she had heard. And everyone was looking at me. Well, almost everyone as Antonio was sitting in the grass, talking to his jaguar and some other animals. 

"Hóla, Antonio."I said softly as I approached the little boy who looked up at the sound of my voice. "Hóla, Y/N!"He greeted back. "Why were you fighting with your mom? Some of the rats were explaining it to me."He said as I sat down next to him. "Nothing important, mi amigo."I quickly said with a smile. "But I came here because I heard so many stories about your friends."I added as he visibly perked up at that. "You did?"He asked surprised as he sat a bit up. "Oh, I'll introduce you!"He added very excited. "This is Parce!"He said, gesturing at the jaguar who purred at that. "And Pico!"He said next, patting the toucan that was sitting on his shoulder. "My other friends are in my room. Most of them do not really like crowded places and others are really shy to meet new people."He explained. "Well, I think Parce and Pico are beautiful."I said softly causing Parce to stand up to simply drop himself onto my lap as I chuckled at that, softly petting him. "He likes you."Antonio said as he looked at Parce with a smile on his lips. "Dinner is ready."Julieta announced as she walked on the patio carrying some dishes followed by Bruno who froze for a moment when his eyes landed on me. "Come, Y/N!"Antonio said as he crawled up, taking my hand in his as he pulled me towards the table. "Hóla, Y/N!"Julieta said with a smile before worry appeared on her face as she noticed my limp. "Mi querida, what happened?"She asked worried, pushing some food in my mouth before I had even sit down as I could hear my mother scoff at that. "She fell down the stairs."She said with a glare towards me. "Yes, I fell down the stairs."I said back, deciding to not sit next to my mother but to take the free place next to Bruno who looked at me in schock for a moment as he quickly knocked on the table. "Knock, knock, knock, knock on wood."He whispered before knocking on his head. "And would you care to explain how it happened?"Mother asked with a raised eyebrow as I huffed at that, crossing my arms. "Does it really need explaining how someone falls on the stairs, máma?"I asked back. "Alright, let's all enjoy this wonderful dinner!"Alma exclaimed, stopping another fight from unfolding as sounds of agreement were made before everyone started to fill their plates.