Chapter 4 Transfer

Reika swerved and kicked, swinging at air, as a corn sack bag slid insensitively over her head.

She grimaced as a tiny string cut into her throat. "Noooo." She screeched.

With a frightful burst of adrenaline she struggled, but there were more than one and they were strong and firm.

Relaxing in breathlessness, trepidation spurted Reika to give one last shot on breaking loose.
Throwing herself out of their clutches she landed on her nose, and howling in pain was rigidly picked up.
Fine. She would just have to play smart.

They lugged her a considerable amount of time, smothered and sweaty in the scratchy sack.
She engrossed herself to the sound of her captors shoes on the terrain, that way she could perceive if the surroundings shifted. Something told her there was no use asking questions or talking for that matter. The glow of orange sunlight penetrated the sack.

Demonic whispers swarmed her ears. No words could be formed from the confusion and overlapping of the numberless voices.

What if Grain had captured her? What if she was being transferred to this group B?

Perpetual walking resumed until the hard heat of the sun softened.
The metal shut around Reika's wrists had cut off circulation, they were dead and awkward.
Abruptly her carriers jerked forward into a breezy hustle.
"Why're you-"
A voice shushed her none too gently.
The harshness implied they were being chased, or crossing a dangerous space they shouldn't be.

In the duration of being a hostage, she had maybe acquired how to link into her Wiring, if so it was simple. Keep herself awake. Maybe?

The hands that had been carrying her flung her onto rock solid ground, she let out a cry of affliction, skidding on her back on loose but pebbly earth. They zipped away, their voices sailing about farther into the wind.
Her entire build was inflamed, damaged by the Stakes and now this.

"I don't know how much more I can take." Her cracked voice broke off into a whisper as she centered on the closeness of rumbling thunder.
Her thoughts drifted to God and the spiritual encounter in the Tunnels.
"Take me home God. Take me home. Please...Please help me."

Tears streamed down her cheekbones, trickling onto the dirt. In the chilly aura of evening she fell in and out of torturous sleep until a sudden stampede of legs and shoes thudded around the automobile.
Unable to move and not having an inkling of determination in her bones, Reika remained still and silent.

"Hey! here! She's here!" Voices rose in chorus to reveal the news. Careful hands elevated her off the soil, inquiring of one another about her condition.

In an almost physically catatonic state, she could care less about anything.
The sack was thrown off. People muttered in displeasure at the marks, bruises and cuts. A burly man liberated her from the metal cuffs.

She gazed dejectedly up at the gloomy, puffy sky, too debilitated to sob.
A few people conveyed her softly onto a stretcher where a couple of serious but girlishly dressed women assisted her to a sitting position. The taller and fitter one with a deep suntan handed Reika a clear water bottle.

Thank You God. Thank you. 

Nobody mulled around much longer after she had guzzled the h2o, setting out on an energetic but smooth march
She fazed out in the majestic openness of billowing dark clouds, heart filled with despair. She was no longer a mindless robot, only a helpless human.

Jouncing slightly as the group trotted she fell into a trance. Everything seemed to unfold in slow motion. 

The group of mixed ethnicities and heights delayed several times to rotate shifts from hauling her. Weakness and mental fatigue prohibited her from inquiring about important things.

 Frosty waves of wind woke her soul up, and raindrops splattering her face touching her heart.
She was disposed of under an old rusty Ford truck, and the people that had "saved her" dispelled from sight.
She scoffed inwardly, left again.

Head clearing as she regained a hydrated state of mind, an incoming from her Wiring sent anticipation and liveliness coursing through her emotions.

Powerless, she waited for an undetermined time before her ears picked up on human life.
Brown leather shoes scuffled to the truck, and the head of an acquaintance popped out at the bottom.

"Achtang, noughs-the snoozing lass. I know you're clean worn-out but we've gotta get goin-fore they get their tails in a ruffle." Who were they? 

He took a hold of one of her injured arms and with brute strength, almost yoinked her shoulder out of place attempting to help her out.
It was still sprinkling, the rain echoed on the crusty vehicle's hood, invigorating her dry, disgusting skin.
Nimble feet thudded to the rear of her and she swirled around. "Arrrrr!"

She went into defensive mode with the small might she possessed. 

The little human who had frightened her stopped on a dime, deep hazel green eyes round in disbelief before she did a mini hop and caught up to the teen and adult.

Reika jogged in sync alongside the German male, her head hanging low but eyes fixated on the small girl who was around 7-8. The child's eyes darted back and forth as she galloped backwards, trailing after the senior who apparently was not planning on stopping.

"I came ta tell you, Sabrina thinks its-not safe, she said the Graves are overrun." The girl shrugged at her own words as if they didn't matter.
Nothing but dirt and weeds, junky cars, and a far off building could be seen. What were the Graves?
Reika noted shock flash across his face and his brow deepened, matching the somber mood of mother nature.

Despite the bodily discomfort and suffering she was a bit bewildered of being able to keep up with the long legged senior man.

"You're gonna go in there now." He said it in a low voice as the little girl pranced away in the direction of the structure they were closing in on.

Her vision ticked on and off, the implant was working to take control.
She engaged in fighting the Stem and won it seemed to an extent, keeping her conscious.

Did he know she was being controlled? Was he somehow a part of it? Nothing had changed from his composure, predicting he was probably oblivious. 

The weather snapped like a light switch. A sandstorm blew their way. Rain was dumped in torrents over the region.
Reika wasn't all useless but she had no control over her limbs.

The older man who had kept a few feet ahead of her bustled in the opposite direction of the emerald green building, leaving the Wires as lord over her.
This was why she disdained being smart in Grain, because you were controlled.

Unwillingly she bolted towards the titanic of a construction, scorning it. The rain pelted her, splashing her grimy skin, unrelenting, feeding her rage.

Dumb Wiring. All this had either been intentional, or someone had access and tapped into it.
As she hastened onto tight-packed earth, she stored in her memory the dozen working vehicles parked sporadically across the dusty lot.
The rain pouring in sheets washed the forest colored building. 
She almost didn't want to be aware but did so for answers.

 Bouncing agilely up jet black steps, her blood pressure spiked. She had never seen this kind of material. Suddenly her body hovered away from the tall glass doors, an invisible suction pulling her right.
A gap in the side two feet space of the veronese green wall flipped, and unable to resist she nearly floated through. Smells of sweet and savory invaded her nostrils and caused her mouth to water. 

This place was immensely cosmic, she sensed it.
Her torso twisted to view diagonal to her.
Above an oak brown chest, on a black wall in bold maroon letters it read.
"The Graves."

Remember to vote :D