Chapter 1: The Aftermath (1)

The atmosphere was tense. It was sometime in the afternoon when the skies started to show tiny black dots moving at a rapid speed.

"THIS IS NOT A DRILL! ALL SOLDIERS TO YOUR STATIONS!", shouted a captain with a Henituse crest on his armor.

"Captain, the enemy is flying at a rapid pace and is estimated to arrive in less than 8 minutes.", said a soldier who was tasked to report enemy movement.

Ever since the Crown Prince, Alberu Crossman (I will never accept Alvert/Albert, I'm sorry), stated through a communication device that the Roan Kingdom (I also will not accept Rowoon. I will state my reasons in an essay someday maybe) will prepare themselves for a war that was incited by the Indomitable Alliance.

The recording that was shown all over the kingdom was shocking. Because after the Crown Prince's declaration, he showed the people a recording of the wyvern army heading towards Roan Kingdom's shores. Everyone knew that Roan is a so-so kingdom. Not too strong, but not weak either. The time of peace sure does wonders when it comes to lowering the people's guards. But that wasn't the case for the Crown Prince.

Born from a mother who was a concubine with half dark elf blood, he spent his life being sharp to survive. The said prince was looking at a communication device that was showing the condition in the Henituse Territory of Rain City. He stood up from his seat and moved away from the table in front of him. Looked to the communication mage and told him to leave. As soon as he did, Alberu slumped back to his seat and dropped his prince act.

"To think he..no... that anonymous letter was right. I did everything I could for the last two years. I had help but that's okay. The mage brigade... should I disobey that letter and send them to Rain City?"

The said prince was mumbling and thinking to himself. He looked to a box at his side, slashed his finger with a small pocket knife, and opened it by dropping his blood on the crest above it. Ever since he received these letters, he always kept them in this box to ensure secrecy. The person who wrote it said that he knew about his dark elf blood and wished him the best of luck to become king. But the letter also stated that should his letters be given out to others without their consent, said person would become his biggest enemy.

However, the letter noted that Choi Han, Ron, Beacrox, Pendrick, Rosalyn, and Lock knew about these letters because they also received them and allowed the prince to share each of their contents with each other.

Alberu Crossman is a smart man. He knew better than to mess with an anonymous ally who had an unmeasurable amount of intel in their hands.

He opened the box and looked at the most recent letter. Detailing about the war in Rain City, a request about keeping the mage brigade on standby but not to show them, and to keep an eye to the shoreline area. It also added a small note to not show Rosalyn, the runaway princess from Breck who became a mage, and Lock, s blue wolf.

"It said to keep the brigade ready but not to show them... the Henituse Territory would not be able to defend against the Wyverns even with their new walls and Choi Han. Should I be stubborn? Sigh..."

From under his desk, he took a small rectangle crystal and chanted some words to call Rosalyn who was with Lock.

"Lemire Mistegera, Rosalyn, Choi Han."

The crystal began to glow and soon enough, two rectangle screens appeared. It showed Rosalyn and Choi Han who was also seeing the Crown Prince through their crystals.

This item was special. Not only it was made from an unknown type of crystal in a beautiful light turquoise color, but it was also a gift sent by the person who sent the mysterious letters to Alberu. The communication device did not need any mana to dial, only words that none of them knew what they meant were written on the letter above the crystal. 'Lemire Mistegera' was soon found out by Rosalyn as the keyword to use the crystals.