Chapter 3: The Aftermath (3-Final)

Recap:

Both had seen that these threads were strong enough to catch and suffocate wyverns. But it could not be touched by anything other than wyverns.

It was different from this one. This thread was touchable to Choi Han. Just him.

The soles of his shoes didn't touch the thread, it went through it. Choi Han could feel the thread on his bare feet, it was as if he was not using any shoes at all.

'Another thread...', thought both of them, as well as a few people whose eyes were sharp enough to see it.

***

"So, you were certain about the sensation of the thread against your foot, not your shoes?", asked Rosalyn, who was holding a feather pen along with a palm-sized journal to note everything Choi Han was saying, since he was the only one who felt the red thread from the Henituse battle that had ended at least 6 hours ago.

"Yes, I'm sure of it. Afterward, the threads started appearing around me, enough for me to either use it as a footing and... it felt as if the threads were guarding me so that I wouldn't fall.:, answered Choi Han as he recalled the things that had happened.

After that one thread appeared and saved Choi Han from falling, many more started to appear and it helped Choi Han a lot in the fight.

That is true. After the first thread that waved into nets that specifically caught wyverns and killed them. The second batch of threads was specifically made for Choi Han, as he was the only one who could have contact with them. It was odd but at the same time, it made Rosalyn certain that there was at least one thing Choi Han and the wyvern had in common. That common factor is what allowed the specification of the threads.

The thing is the first thread worked on all the wyverns and could not come to contact with blades or even human touch. On the other hand, the second thread only worked on Choi Han, no other human could touch it. Blades and wyverns were also incapable of touching them.

However, Choi Han did notice that the second batch of threads had reacted towards the blade that he was using at the time, which was the sword that was given to him by the person who sent the letters. The blade shined a little brighter on the side where it was close to contact with the threads.

He also notice that the blade was capable of cutting the threads, unlike other swords.

"To conclude that, it seems that the person who had helped us with the threads is in cahoots with the letter sending person?", asked Lock as he continued to observe his noona who was working hard to connect the pieces of information that she had written.

"The letter we had been receiving aren't just letters. They're embroidery of letters. To top it off, the threads used to wove the letters are red and did seem similar to the ones on the battlefield. Sort of a weaker version of the threads, no?" said Ron as he took out one of the letters that he had received in the past.

It was beautiful. Too beautiful to contain such gruesome pieces of information.