Chapter 2: The Aftermath (2)

Recap:

'Nets... It wasn't magic. There was no mana there. It didn't feel like an ancient power either. If it was, Syrem would've lost his nuts and crazily hunt down whoever placed the nets.', thought Clopeh. He then ordered his knight on the ground to mount the bears who were now running on the grounds in front of the walls and his wyvern army to charge to the city.

The territory mages in Rain City cast shields to protect the city. Choi Han loaded his sword with his aura. Count Deruth was already on the walls in his armor, commanding the knights.

Sh*t is about to go down for real this time.

***

The shining star of Roan Kingdom, Alberu Crossman, was currently not very shiny at all. His hair was in place. His clothes are top-notch, enough to say he was ready for a runway. However, it didn't take a genius to know that the man was currently under a lot of pressure.

He was the one who made the broadcast about the war. He was also the one who showed the people about wyverns coming to the Roan Kingdom from the North. Lastly, he was also the one who said that the Roan Kingdom would be able to defend their lands.

Well, he was nervous in the first few minutes of the war in Rain City, knowing that the Henituse knights, the new weapons, and Choi Han weren't enough to defend the city. But then, something spectacular happened. Threads. Nets. And death to the wyverns. Only some, but the number of wyverns who fell and died by the nets was quite significant.

Currently watching through a normal communication device from the comfortable room the Crown Prince was not able to feel, Alberu made sure to take note of the power he saw. He knew it wouldn't last long. He wanted... so wanted to know who the hell did that.

And he was right. The nets soon disappeared, leaving the captured wyverns, who were now dead, buried in the ground. Berserk bears soon showed up and the true war broke.

Paerun knights were on beserk bears as they climb the tall castle walls that had been reinforced by Count Deruth since 2 years ago. Deruth was definitely glad he did. He looked strong in his armor despite his growing age. He too had taken out his sword and is currently fighting the knights from the Abdomitable Alliance as he gave simple but sure commands to the captains of each team.

He had spent a lot of money regarding the military too, both on the soldiers and their weapons. The newest weapon was quite strange. Count Deruth had received a blueprint of a weapon that he did not know existed. The Crown Prince who gave it to him also looked a little like he did not know anything about the weapon either. So he just assumed that the Crown Prince was just doing the King's errand. Though he highly doubted that.

Despite so, he still let the blacksmiths and the weapons expert that he trusted to create the weapon. It was not powered by mana, but by a black powder that was a combination of charcoal and some other ingredients. These details were also provided by the blueprint that was given to him.

It was nice to have a manual weapon that could kill without mana. In any case, if the mages fall, they could still launch long-distance attacks. Of course, they had catapults, but they were difficult to use quickly. Especially difficult when it needed to be fired accurately.

Slashing the enemy left and right, the soldiers of the city were fighting for their lives. The mages were doing their best to protect with the barrier and also launch other spells. The swordmaster? He was running on the edges of the walls. Occasionally, he jumped on a flying wyvern to kill the knight on top of it.

Clopeh Sekka was present. He was high above though. Looking at the swordsman and thinking about the funny threads that appeared earlier and had taken many of their wyverns.