♠|𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞|♠

┏━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┓

Prologue

┗━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┛

━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━

I always hated this feeling.

It was this sort of emptiness that festered within me after completing a job.

And even as I laid here in this bathtub, cigarette in hand, the feeling wouldn't go away.

It definitely wasn't the guilt of taking a life. No, I got over that years ago.

I just kept hearing this voice in the back of my head sneering; "Look at you, doing what he intended, killing because it's all you know. Even after all these years, you're still his daughter. You're still his weapon."

And maybe the voice is right, but I didn't have the energy to give a fuck.

I remember the first time I felt this way. It was the day my "Father" made me kill someone for the first time.

The crazy bastard told me the night before that I'd been doing so well that at our next session he'd have a gift for me.

Naive little 11-year-old me really believed him.

I went down to the basement the next night to see a man with a bag over his head tied by his hands to a bar in the air. 

Reginald looked down at me and said, "It's time for you to step up in your lessons, number eight."

Dickhead.

What kind of human being makes his 11-year-old daughter murder a stranger in cold blood?

Five and I used to have this theory that maybe he wasn't fully human. I still think we were right.

I just wish Five was here to help me prove it.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the shrill ring of my work phone.

I quickly stepped out of the bath and wrapped my body in the towel behind the door. After running out and answering the phone, I heard the voice of the woman that hired me for the job I just completed.

"Hello, darling. How did it go?" the unsettlingly perky woman questioned as her British accent shone through.

"Fine," I respond dryly, "Did you-?"

"Yes, flower, your account should be 40,000 dollars richer within the next few hours," she informed me.

I quickly put out the cigarette in the ashtray nearby. "Great. Lose my number within the next few hours unless you have another job for me. Proof of completion should be getting to you soon. Pleasure doing business with you, ma'am," I say before ending the call.

Another day in the life of a fucked up mercenary.

After quickly putting on some clothes and packing my gear and weapons in my duffle bags, I threw on my trench coat, green contacts, and a fake blonde wig as I prepared to exit the hotel room.

But as I grabbed the remote to switch off the tv, something caught my eyes and ears. 

"Moments ago, police reported the death of the most eccentric and reclusive billionaire. Sir Reginald Hargreeves. Word has yet to come from his family-" I interrupted the man's report as I switched off the television.

"Holy shit," I sighed as I couldn't fight the small smile that crawled onto my face.

Seconds passed and soon, my personal phone was ringing from my jacket pocket. I immediately recognized the American phone number and answered the call.

"So when's the party?" I grinned as I heard Pogo sigh from the other end.

"Miss Diana, it's nice to hear from you again. I take it from the smile in your voice that you've heard the news."

"Heard it. Believed it. Now I'm ready to celebrate it," I replied to my old friend.

Pogo had the most respect for Reginald out of everyone I know, but he watched firsthand what the old man put me through, so he could definitely see where my words were coming from. 

"Well, I think you'll be glad to know that your siblings are all going to be arriving within the next 24 hours. I was hoping that you'd join us? Grace misses you terribly, you know," he kindly explained as my eyes settled on the small umbrella tattooed onto my left wrist.

It couldn't be too bad seeing some of my siblings again.

I took a deep breath and quickly made a decision. "I'll be there within the next 12 hours," I told him.

"I look forward to seeing you, Diana," he said.

"Yeah. Stay safe," I replied before ending the call.

I quickly pulled out my laptop and emailed my flight contact. Within minutes of asking him for a quick flight out of London, he replied with a time and pickup location.

I sighed as I grabbed my bag and left the hotel suite.

"This is gonna be an interesting reunion," I whispered to myself as I stepped onto the elevators.

A/N

Just a short lil prologue before we get into the actual TUA plot

BTW the trailer for season 3 just dropped today and HOLY SHIT-

Season 3 looks fucking incredible, like I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it more than the first two and it's not even out yet LMAO

Thank you all SO MUCH for reading. Please vote and comment and let me know what you think so far.

I'm ngl I'm kinda getting used to writing in first-person POV.

BYE

-Krissy