♛ 7 ♛

BANG BANG BANG

"Princess!"

BANG BANG BANG

"Princess open the door, please!"

Alexandra swings the door open, eyes panicked, "What is it?!"

Jane stands before her, eyes bloodshot, "It's tragic! It's so tragic! The...one of the guests-"

Jane begins to breath heavily, her hand clutching her mouth. Alexandra places a comforting hand on the servants back.

"It's alright Jane. Show me what happened."

Jane walks through the halls, the royal striding behind her. They make their way to the west wing where the visiting houses are staying. Most of the rooms are quiet, the only ones up at this time of night being the guards at their doors.

As Alexandra steps onto the third floor hallway she pauses. Prince Hyunjin stands besides his guards looking upon the scene. Their bodies block the view and Alexandra approaches. Hyunjin hears her steps and turns around, a saddened expression painting his face. He says nothing as he steps out of the way, his eyes following the Princess.

Alexandra's eyes widen at the sight of guards on the ground. Sword slashes riddle their bodies, clearly too far gone to be saved. She swiftly walks past them and into the room they guarded.

She freezes, her voice coming out as a whisper,  "Dear god."

The royal couple of Ireland lay still in their bed. Blood pools from their necks spilling onto the silk sheets. Their eyes gaze at the ceiling, lifeless. She notices their hands intertwined as if the whole scene was poised for an artist. An oil painting of death.

House Butler has been assassinated.

She doesn't tear her eyes away from the two, "Call for George immediately."

Jane nods shakily, "Y-yes, right away, Princess!"

Jane practically runs into the hall. Alexandra looks back to the couple. She feels a lump in her throat and anxiety grow in her chest.

Her greatest fear. She invited the Butler's here, she could be the next target. The traitor could be anyone. They probably want to murder her, take her kingdom, destroy her plans before she could even carry them out. She'd never even become queen-

"Alex..."

She feels a hand rest on her shoulder. She snaps her attention to her left. Hyunjin's eyes fill with concern.

"Are you alright?"

She swallows, "No...but that doesn't matter right now...Do you trust your guards?"

He removes his hand, "With my life. We're cousins."

She turns to the guards and they flinch, "What are your names?"

They both remove their helmets in respect speaking from left to right.

"Yugyeom, your highness."

"Bambam, your highness."

Alexandra pauses, "Bambam?"

The taller one smiles sheepishly, "It's easier than my birth name, your highness."

"Very well. Sir Yugyeom and Sir Bambam, bring the guards bodies inside here. Clean up the hallway and lock the door by morning. No one must know what happened."

They nod placing their helmets back on. They quickly get to work and Hyunjin turns back to the future Queen.

"What about you...if you need a moment."