♛ 9 ♛

It was just supposed to be George and Alexandra meeting with the investigator, but Hyunjin refused to let the future Queen go 'unprotected' as he says.

The three royals had dressed in common clothing and cloaks to blend in. Alexandra had snuck into town many times before, but now is different. She will be crowned soon, she cannot be caught in town like this. George leads Alexandra and Hyunjin through the bustling street. The sun just set and the taverns had already begun to fill up with boisterous common folk.

"Are you sure we can trust him?" Hyunjin asks.

Alexandra doesn't hesitate to answer, "If George trusts him, then I do."

Hyunjin huffs out looking around suspiciously for the tenth time since they left the castle. George leads them down an alley, the noise of the drunk patrons slowly fading behind them. George stops before a door. A sign crookedly hangs above it, the writing slightly faded.

MIN YOONGI
INVESTIGATOR

George knocks. Heavy footsteps approach from the other side. A man opens the door. His black hair messily hangs over his half lidded eyes. His clothes hang off of him, not fitting quite right. The smell of alcohol hits Alexandra's nose and she winces slightly.

Yoongi smiles, "Oh, George it's been such a long time! Come in come in! You can bring your friends too!"

George smiles back, "Thank you, Yoongi."

The trio walk inside the dimly lit room. Alexandra was expecting an office, but it seems that Yoongi has just turned his house into his business. A desk greets them when they walk in. Behind it, a big rocking chair and a couch sit by the fireplace. A hallway goes further into the home to more rooms. The home itself would be nice if it weren't for the alcohol stench that enveloped the place.

"How have you been Yoongi?" George asks.

Yoongi takes a seat in his rocking chair and takes a swig from whatever is in his mug, "Oh, business is slow these days, but other than that I've been well. What about you? How's the royal life treating you?"

Alexandra and Hyunjin take a seat as George speaks, "That's actually why I've come here."

Alexandra and Hyunjin remove their hoods.

"Yoongi, this is Princess Alexandra and Prince Hyunjin."

Yoongi's smile drops, "What is the meaning of this?"

"I know I promised you before-"

Yoongi stands cutting him off, "How dare you bring her here! I can tolerate you working for that swine of a man, but bringing his kin into my home?!"

Hyunjin stands defensively, a hand resting on his sword. Alexandra eyes the man calmly.

"Yoongi, please calm yourself, let me explain." George places a hand on the drunk man, who swats it away.

Yoongi's eyes burn holes into the Princess, "I am never helping your family again after what you did to me!"

Alexandra frowns, "George, what is he talking about?"

Yoongi's eyes widen, "You don't know?! Your father ruined me! I was the best investigator in Europe and he had me arrested for treason! After five years in that wretched prison, my entire reputation had gone down the drain! All because I exposed the truth!"

"When was this?" She asks George.

"During your last trip to Italy, your highness."

"Why did you not tell him we were coming?" Hyunjin huffs out.