Chapter 1

- - - -

"A-Lei!"

Hearing someone call her name the young girl in purple turns around to find Heaven's most infamous womaniser, Pei Ming, running towards her.

[ you should run. ]

"Old pei"

Hui Lei stopped walking, giving the older man time to catch up with her. Not that he couldn't do it either way. Throwing his arm around the younger God, and pulling her closer, Pei Ming leaned down to her height. (Rude)

"Oh come on! We haven't seen each other in the last 3 months with you hiding in your palace all the time, and that's all you have to say to me? Where are the hugs, where is the crying?"

'What is this? Some sort of shoujo anime where the main character meets with their best friend again after all the years of misunderstanding between them have finally been cleared?'

[ ...that was way to detailed kid.]

Before the Martial God could pull the younger girl towards him any further and start going off on another weird rant. (Seriously, find Ling Wen for that). A sword suddenly slashed down between them, leaving a large gash on the stone, effectively separating them from each other.

"General Ming Guang, lady Ling Wen is calling you. It'd be in your best interest to be on your way now..."

Putting her sword back in her scabbard, Fu Lang glared at Pei Ming as the said man gave her a knowing smile.

"Ah, Fu Lang! Haven't seen you around in a while either. How have you been?"

"..."

"..."

[ ... ]

"You know what? I think I'll just leave now"

"Best decision you've ever made, old Pei"

Turning around on his heels, Pei Ming quickly escaped the wrath of the sword-wielding woman. Seeing that the martial God was no longer in her sight. Fu lang's shoulders finally relaxed. She had never liked it when that womanising fool was close with A-Lei.

Hearing muffled laughter coming from behind her, Fu lang spun around to find her friend hunched over and a hand covering her mouth. That girl has always had a weird sense of humour...

"You didn't have to scare him like that you know"

Hui Lei says as she gives fu lang a closed eye smile and stands up from her spot on the ground, her breathing now more controlled then before. In response, Fu Lang gave her a strange look before turning her head around, making the other girl sigh. Hui Lei however didn't notice the hidden blush that was rapidly growing on her friend's face when she had smiled at the girl.

[ ... ]

This scene didn't last long though, as the heaven realm's floor started to shake, and the giant bell started to ring, causing the sound to spread across all of heaven. Signalling only one thing.

A new God had just ascended.

"It seems he's finally here"

Fu lang gave a casual glance towards the giant bell which was now falling to the ground or more accurately towards a certain Martial God. Holding Hui Lei's arms to keep her steady , Fu lang asked.

"Do you want to meet him now or wait until you're called by lady Ling Wen?"

Taking a few seconds to think, the younger girl responded to her question.