Chapter 4

- - - - - - -

Xie Lian chased the black smoke out of Ming Guang and was surprised when he met a familiar face outside. Hui lei looked at the surprised prince and slightly smiled.

"Gege seems to be out of breath. Did something happen?"

She was well aware of what happened. But before she could joke around any more, the two gods heard the sound of foot steps coming their way.

"Charge! Catch the ghost bridegroom! Get him for the villagers! Everyone will get a share of the bounty!"

Xiao Pengtou's group yelled out as they came closer to the duo. Noticing the red dress that Xie Lian was wearing, Xiao Pengtou put on a faltering smile and walked over to the them.

"Miss, were you kidnapped by the ghost bridegroom? Don't be afraid. We're here to rescue you."

'It's them.'

Xie Lian thought with an annoyed face as the other man shone the torch at his face. Xiao Pengtou also noticed Hui Lei standing a few feet behind Xie Lian.

"Eh? Did the both of you get kidnapped?" Just looking at his face made Hui Lei feel like punching something. Because of him and his gang so many unnecessary things happened.

"There's a Ming Guang Temple here?"

"That's odd. I've never seen one before."

One of the men in his group pointed out the temple which caused the others around him to try to get a closer look. Seeing this, Xie Lian quickly stepped in.

"Don't move!"

"You're a man!?" Xiao Pengtou yelled out, shining the torch right in the gods face. Xie Lian narrowed his eyes in displeasure. The other man blinked in confusion and steeped back horrified as he recognised Xie Lian's face.

"It's you! Where's the bride?!" He then remembered that there was another person present, and pushed the torch in Hui Lei's direction.

"Shine that torch in my face again, and I'll cut your hands off."

Xiao Pengtou let out a relived sigh as he heard her voice and then immediately stepped back when he heard her threat. Walking in front of Hui Lei, Xie Lian asked them if there was anything odd on the way here.

"Why the hell should I tell you? I haven't got even with you!"

Though before Xiao Pengtou could yell even move, Nan Feng and Fu Yao appeared with displeased looks on their faces. Seeing them, the group stubbled back a bit out of fear. Xie Lian then asked him the question again, this time with a smile on his face.

- - - - - - -

"You followed the ghost bridegroom here and then you met us?" Xie Lian confirmed. Xiao Pengtou looks annoyed by all his questions and asked if he didn't believe them. Nan Feng steeped in from behind Xie Lian.

"After parting ways, Fu Yao and I took the sedan carriers somewhere safe. While lord thunder master followed after you. We went along this road and didn't find anything odd."

"Thunder master, you arrived here earlier then the rest of them. Did you see anything strange?" Xie Lian turned around to face the younger girl as Nan Feng finished talking.

Hui lei shook her head. "Nothing odd happened on the way for me either."

"The place is clear. There's no trace of the bridegroom" Fu Yao said as he came up to the group.