Chapter 1 - Her...door?

Mirabel watched with glazed eyes as her Family took a family photo without her in it.  It hurt her badly. She would have walked up to join the family but it was already too late. If she joined in, it'd be ruined.

Mirabel could only let out quiet sobs as she made her way back inside Of Casita. Unaware of the cracks that was forming on the walls and tiles.

'Of course, I should've known.' Mirabel thought as she made her way to the kitchen and cried quietly. It didn't matter if Dolores heard her crying. She wouldn't care. Of course she wouldn't. Or else she would've come comfort her all the other days when she was crying.

All Mirabel wanted to do was to make her family proud of her. To make her Abuela proud of her. But, no matter what she did, nothing worked. When she tried to help, she would always get pushed away.

Mirabel looks up on the kitchen counter to see a doll. A doll that looks a bit too much like her. Maybe it was a coincidence?

Mirabel walks up to the doll and picks it up. Who's doll is this and why does it look like her?

"Hello, what are you doing here all alone? Who do you belong to?" Mirabel asks the doll, not like it would answer her.

The doll was made out of yarn and it looked like her. It even had the small details of her skirt, which was truly impressive. Whoever made this must be very talented. Mirabel took note of the button eyes, and poked the button eyes, it was very cute.

Mirabel observes the doll some more and found a tag on the back.

'To Mirabel, by anonymous' Mirabel read out loud, the corner of her lips curling up. Mirabel went silent before letting out an amused laugh.

'How cute' Mirabel thought with a smile on her face. In the corner of her eyes, she see a bright glow coming from upstairs.

Mirabel went upstairs, not noticing the failed attempts of Casita trying to stop her from going any further.

Mirabel made her way to the nursery, making sure the 'doll' was still in her grasp. As she opens the nursery's door she let out a gasp.

A door.

"I- a- door?" Mirabel stutters, taking a step back out a reflex.  Not noticing the nursery door closing behind her.

It was a small, with a letter M carved into the doorknob. But what she could really focus on was the design. It was..Interesting.

It was her with someone else standing behind her. The man's face was blurred out but it was definitely a man. Butterflies and Moths flying in the background of them. When can two people have or be included in one door?

Weird part was that she had..button eyes. She had a big smile on her face as the man placed a hand on her shoulder.  The man other hand was on her face, creepily touching her eyes.
Despite all of that, she looked happy, loved

Should she tell Abeula?

Mirabel thought anxiously as she bit her lip, staying a certain distance away from the door. As if once she touched the doorknob, the door was fade away.

Mirabel just shook her head, telling Abuela would be a bad idea. Especially since it's Antonio's Ceremony and he got a gift.

She would sound delusional, despite the door being there, right in front her, it's her door.

...

That's impossible.

...

She saw her door disappear right in front of her, her whole family did, minus Antonio who wasn't born yet.