Chapter 30

I breathe a sigh of relief when the show is over, happy to have made it through to the end. The cortisone did its job, and I'm grateful. Based on the noise level, the crowd loved the show, and they don't seem to suspect that my effort was less than 100 percent.

Thanks to Harry, Channing's effort was even less than mine, but I'm the only one who noticed. Even the band and production staff don't pay any attention to Channing. I'm guessing it's because they just don't care. Everyone on tour is fed up with him. Channing's pride and cockiness worked to an advantage this time. Since he would never stoop so low to admit to getting beaten up, management knows nothing about the fight and Harry doesn't have to explain anything.

We have a hotel for the night, since we're not pulling out until later tomorrow. I try to sleep, but my adrenaline is always on overload after a show, and I can't seem to relax enough to doze off. I'm lying in the dark staring at the wall when I hear a soft knock on the door.

I'm instantly frozen in fear, afraid that Channing has come back for me again. I don't move, hoping it will stop and whoever it is will just go away. My phone buzzes, and I jump then quickly pick it up to check the message. It's from Harry.

"Open the door, it's me," I read.

I exhale deeply in relief, then jump up, my heart beating erratically. I run to the door and look through the peep hole to make sure it's Harry before quickly unchaining and opening it.

Harry stands in the doorway smirking, and I realize that in my haste to open the door, I forgot that I was dressed only in a tank top and sleep shorts. He's seen me in far less clothing, so I decide there's no point in worrying about it now.

"Were you asleep?" he asks as I step aside and pull him quickly in.

"No," I sigh, closing and chaining the door. "I tried, but I'm just too wired I guess. What are you doing?"

"Thinking about you," he smiles falling on the bed and patting the space beside him. "Sorry if I scared you."

"Oh, it's all right. I'm always jumpy at night when I'm by myself. I'm actually glad you came by," I admit, crawling on the bed beside him. "I'm wide awake and totally bored."

He nods, understanding in his eyes. "Same here," he admits.

"What should we do about it?" I whisper, turning my body into his, so I can face him.

He smiles in that way that always makes me blush. I take a slow deep breath as he wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me close. He kisses my neck, his breath hot and heavy on my skin. I lightly trail my fingertips up his stomach, to his chest, tracing the designs that mark his body so beautifully. He moans softly, pulling away from my neck. He grips my wrist stopping my tracing, and I see his eyes lower, focusing on my finger. I hold my breath as he slowly brings my finger to his mouth. He softly kisses the tip of it, then runs his tongue around it sending a bolt of electricity through my body. My finger slides slowly from his mouth, and I gently trace the outline of his lips before leaning in to mold my mouth to his.

"Oh, the things you do to me, Elle," Harry murmurs against my mouth. I moan softly when his tongue swipes down the center of my throat. He moves back to my mouth, pressing his lips more firmly into mine. I eagerly kiss him back, pulling on his lower lip with my teeth, and he groans softly. His hands slide under my top, his fingers softly dancing along my spine.

I desperately need to feel his skin against mine, so I tug his shirt up and over his head, throwing it to the floor. I trail my fingertips across his broad shoulders, then scrape my nails down his back, causing another groan to escape his lips.