Prologue

"Pebbles, talk to me." Says Harry as he follows me to grab my jacket and purse.

"What's going on?" He asked completely lost.

"I can't do this." I finally say.

"Do what?" He asked, "All I said was,"

"I know what you said," I say cutting him off, "And my answer is no."

Starring at me for a moment I notice him open his mouth to speak, but stopped. Chimes rang in the air, followed by a smell that reminded me of a mixture of herbs. Harry looks at the door taking in the figure that just walked in as he frown, "This is about him isn't it."

Following his gaze I look at the door, "No, this has nothing to do with him, this has something to do with us. And what is wrong with this relationship."

"Nothing was 'wrong' in this relationship." He argue, "Not until he popped into the picture."

"Harry-"

"No," He says his anger beginning to boil over, "Everything was fine, before he got here. It hasn't even been two months that you have been around him and yet I feel like he has a pull over you, one that you don't see."

"David doesn't have a pull over me." I snap.

"Like hell he does!" He snaps back, his voice growing, "Every time he says something to you, you believe it. 'Harry, David says that I should do this.' 'Harry, David thinks it'd be best if I do that.' It's like you are looking for this kids approval when you don't know shit about him."

"I know that he is only trying to help me and that you are being mean to him."

He lets out a sarcastic laugh, "Oh trust me Pebbles, I'm not being mean to him. If I wanted to be mean, the kid wouldn't even exist in this world if I was being 'mean' to him."

"Why must you insist on being an ass to everyone? To Derek, Carter-"

"They were talking about who would get the chance to fuck you!" He snaps, "So I think, being as I am your boyfriend I have the fucking right to be an arse towards them."

"Then what about David?" I ask, "Why are you being mean to him?"

"Because I love you that's why." Shaking his head he says, "Pebbles, why must you insist on throwing your trust into every fucking wolf that you meet? First Rick, now Him."

"I never threw my trust into Rick, he was just some stranger I met in a damn office supply store. Hell, I threw my trust into you." She says calmly, "Are you saying that I was wrong for doing that?"

He stares at me. He knew that I had a point, but knowing him and his pride, he sure wasn't going to own up to my being right..

Feeling his irritation grow, I had to take a deep breath from loosing it. At times being bonded to Harry was amazing but times like this, where I could feel his irritation and anger as my own made my head want to explode. Sitting down my purse I walked over to him, placing my hand on his cheek instantly relaxing the both of us as he takes my face into his hands and slowly kisses me. At first I contemplated pulling away because I knew we still had stuff to talk about, i.e what happened with Taylor, but I didn't want to. I could slowly feel my irritation melting away as we kissed. Breaking the kiss I leaned my forehead on his before I moved his hands to look at me.

"I love you, okay? That's never going to change, he has nothing over you."

Running his hand threw his hair, he closes his eyes, "Pebbles, I'm sorry. I just,"

"Hey love, everything alright?"

And just like that I could feel Harry's anger come back as he says coldly, "She's fine."

David looks at me, acting as if Harry wasn't standing here as he says, "Are you busy right now?"

Without looking at David I roll my eyes as I nod, "Yes, why?"

"Charlotte told me you'd be here." He says innocently, "So I figured that if you weren't busy maybe we could get in a little practicing of your wolf abilities since it's a nice out tonight."

"She'll pass." Harry says as he take my hand, "We have plans."

Harry stop. I say extending my thought to him.

Turning up his mouth David nods, "Okay."

"You ready?" Harry ask as I looked at him.

I nod, looking back at David, "Maybe some other time."

He nods as I turn and grab my purse.

"Something wrong?" Harry ask.

I shake my head and smile, "Nothing, I'm good."

Smiling back he says, "Good, then let's get out of here."

Harry went to reach for my hand, but stops when David says, "Why don't we cut the bullshit lovey dovey shit."

"David don't," I say softly.

"If I were you David I would keep my fucking mouth shut." Harry says, his hand tightening into a fist.

"Why?" He says, "Afraid I might tell you something that you don't want to hear."

"David." I say once more as he ignores me.

"And what would that be?" Harry asks, irritation pouring from him.

And here I thought tonight couldn't get anymore worst.

"For one," David says as he looks up at me and then to Harry, "How about the fact that she doesn't want to go with you, she wants to stay with me."

"What?" Harry snaps, shaking his head as he looks from me to David and laughs. A laugh that I've notice that Harry does just before he is about to blow up. Instantly grabbing my hand he says, "She isn't staying anywhere with you, and as far as I'm concerned your training with her is over with."

"Harry." I call to him as he turns to look at me.

"What?" He looks at me, "Do want to stay with this arse?" His question was simple but I could feel pain behind it.

"No." I says quickly.

"The faster you admit it to yourself love the better you'll feel."

Harry's irritation quickly turned to rage as I could feel him shifting.

"Harry, stop!" I yelled just as Harry pushes me back to avoid hitting me as he swings at David.

The air shifted in the room as I could feel power surging through me as I slam my foot on the ground and yell, "I said stop!"