< 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊 3

ᴛᴡᴏ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

ᴛᴡᴏ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

"No. What the fuck."

Charlene closed her eyes, a soft sigh leaving her lips.

She tossed and turned in her bed, her curls sprawled out on the pillow. "I'm just saying, Max. It wouldn't be a bad idea."

Max popped up from the couch he slept on, his hair all messy and his eyes searching her face as she tried to go back to sleep. "I thought it was great living here? I missed you, Charlene."

"It's great because it's a roof for you," Charlene snapped, her hands running down her face. "I want to live alone. I need too."

He scoffed, "Don't take your hormones out on me, it's not fair. I can be here for you, babe. You know I can."

She huffed, pushing the covers off of her, and walking to the bathroom. She slammed the door, rubbing her eyes again, feeling her mascara come off. She'd slept in her makeup last night, because after coming home so late, she was too tired to do anything.

She works at an office now, in Bristol.

She moved here because she didn't want to be in London anymore. And, because Narcissa was still here. She'd wondered why nobody came to look for her, but she didn't mind because they got along great—

And she was the only one besides max who knew she was pregnant.

It wasn't Harry's. The day before that she'd taken the plan B pill so she didn't have a baby with Harry. He still looks for her, and sometimes, she feels like she needs to hide everywhere she goes because Harry still looks for her. But she's changed her name here, and the only people who know the real her, is max and Charlene.

Max is with her because he needed a place to stay, and after a while, they'd talked about everything. Max wasn't sorry he cheated. And with Charlene realizing she's in love with someone else, she just made it clear they weren't ever getting together.

Charlene was a month and a half pregnant, and she knew exactly who's child it was. Who else would it be if she took a plan B pill for Harry's? But there's still always that one part of her that wants to know if it's Harry's or— his. Harry raped her. She didn't have a choice when he released himself inside of her because she was drugged.

That's what she was going to do today. Go to St. Mungos because it's a wizard hospital.

She stepped out of the shower, and got dressed. Her bump wasn't showing yet, it would start at 3 months but she couldn't lie and say she wasn't excited for it.

"Somebody's here to see you," the women Charlene works for knocked at her office.

"Oh, okay," she smiled, thinking it was Narcissa getting ready to ask her for the results. "You can send them in."

She kept writing down on her paper, scooting her inhaler further away from her laptop. She was a newspaper editor, and it required a lot of work. Honestly, she didn't even know how she got the job.

Her legs bounced up and down, and once she heard the door open, she smiled but didn't look up. "I'm almost done, I just have to—"

"So, Laylas your name now?"

Her breath hitched, and suddenly, she dropped her pen and gripped her inhaler. She couldn't even look up, couldn't move as her entire body froze where she was.

Draco leaned on the door frame, his hands shoved in his pockets while he tried to take her in.

It'd been so long since he saw her, he nearly lost his mind. Granted, it was his fault, but he couldn't stop looking at her with her hair clipped back as usual and a dark blue sweater on her. He couldn't see what else she was wearing because she was sitting down, but he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

The things he wanted to do to her— he wanted to kiss her until her lips were too swollen to kiss and he wanted to hold her until she got tired of him. He wanted to smell her familiar scent, because it was already faded on his bedsheets. He missed her. It nearly drove him insane.

"Say something," he shut the office door behind him, begging to hear her voice again. "Please."

She leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms. "I've known you for a year and a half," her voice was almost a whisper, but he could hear her loud and clear. "And you've never scared me as much as you did when you put a gun to your own head."

He felt ashamed, and he hated what he did to her. He thought about it a lot, how she burst into sobs the moment he threaded to pull the trigger, how when he did, she could hardly breathe.

"I'm sorry," was all he could rasp out. "I just— I wanted answers. I'm sorry."

"Thats not how you get answers," she spoke back, this time louder. "I thought I was going to die. But I told you anyways because I fucking cared for you, Malfoy. And instead, you don't believe me when I tell you I couldn't give you the answer you wanted. But I did. For you. And yet, all I get is you putting a gun to your head, threatening to kill your self."

He ran a hand through his hair, his heart aching to hold her. "I'm sorry. I don't have an excuse. I wanted answers and I was being stupid."

"I'm well aware there's no excuse," she snapped again, her blood boiling. She connected eyes with him, "You're an asshole. Get out of my office."

She didn't really want to call him an asshole. She just wanted him to know how bad it hurt to see him do that to himself. Out of all the bullets he shot near her, the one that shattered her heart was the one that could've been through his skull. In front of her.

She could've lost him.

"Charlene," her eyes welled up at her name leaving his lips. "Please. Can I ask you a question?"

"If you do, then you leave. Ask me a question and then you leave and you never come back until I make the first move." She bit her lip to stop it from quivering.

"Okay," he sighed. "Are you—"

A knock sounded on the door, and when Max opened it, everything in Draco's heart and soul crumbled. Max held a bag, Charlene's lunch, and god, Draco couldn't stop his eyes from watering as well.

"Charlene? I just came to bring you lunch." Max stated, moving past Draco. "Are you feeling okay? Do you want me to get him out of here?"

Draco wiped his eyes, inhaling. "She doesn't have too. I'm leaving." He looked at her one last time. "Are you pregnant. That's what I was gonna ask you. Answer me and I'm gone."

His jaw was clenched, and his nose burned from trying to hold on his tears. Charlene nearly choked, not expecting that, and when she'd tried to stop max from opening his mouth, she couldn't.

"What is he talking about? You told me he knew about the baby."

[there should be another update out, I don't have work today guys <3.]