Chapter 4 - End of the Boneyard

" It's said war... war never changes, men do, through the roads they walk" ( Ulysses Fallout New Vegas speech)

Third person pov

Ash would rise from a battlefield in Los Angeles effectively known as the Boneyard for how much the sirens and Eagle union bombed and bombarded and nuked all that remains of it are the skeletons of the skyscrapers and ruins of stores of what must of been the biggest city in the world before the war.

Marines and tanks would be seen fighting off sirens as fierce naval combat had been happening since sirens were spotted in the general area, fighters take off from the ruins of L.A.X international, casultys in the first hour had reached over 7,000 for the price of atleast 7 full siren attack fleets full of soldiers planning to make headway into the eagle union.

End pov

Oriskany pov

Azur lane has been put on full scramble to head to the boneyard to assist fellow marines fighting in the ruins of skycrapers and stores, Due to my fleet being sent there we had arrived their only about 10 minutes ago and so I armed up with the armor that I was able to incorporate into my riggings and bring out a sniper rifle as I set up shop on a leveled skyscraper.

End pov

Third person pov

Some marines around Oriskany talk about stuff
Marine 1 -" Heh I remember visiting this city before the grand battle that leaves it a boneyard today, I had a brother fight in the 1st battle for L.A who went into the howling dark and never returned but some soldiers who knew him who survived said he held his ground calling in 1 of the many nuke strikes on his position due to being critically wounded and overwhelmed."
Marine 2 - " My condolences about that but we should get set up the sirens are starting to form cracks in are lines so we need to be ready to stop them when they inevitably show up.

End pov

Timeskip 5 hours

Oriskany pov

I was covered in blood and coughing ash since siren forces had reached me and had brought an observer with them, I had killed the observer and the forces with it with the other marines but the price was heavy, my riggings had been serverly damaged and lots of marines were dead and destroyed tanks were blocking the street. I had soon gotten orders to head to L.A.X  and get down since before the 1st battle of L.A the Eagle union had built a nuclear reactor in the city and so the army was going to detonate it simultaneously with other nukes being dropped as the army had all but lost L.A and had retreated out of the city. So I hurryed up and got to L.A.X just before the nukes were detonated and L.A fell and sank into the ground and water from the pacific flooded whatever was left and ended up killing all siren forces forcing a phyrric victory as the overall death toll was well over the 100,000's.

End pov

Timeskip 13 days

Oriskany pov

I had returned to Pearl harbor and headed to dry dock for repairs and attend the memorial for all the marines who traveled into the howling dark and never returned leaving what was left of my U.S officer dagger stabbed by a memorial unit commander into the memorial wall which had a slot for the dagger. during the time since the battle the siren navy and army had been severly weakened since the battle at L.A and I was given the honor of giving the speech for the memorial.
" May today be a day to honor the soldiers who fought in the 2nd battle for Los Angeles and went into the Howling dark and never returned."