𝟎𝟑-𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

KIARA STOOD BETWEEN WEST and his new found friend James as the trio stretched in the corner of the room away from the other groups of dancers. Kiara was stretching her leg above her head while West and James leant against the wall talking to the girl.

"What did you do this weekend?" James asked Kiara after asking West the same question but only coming out with a jumble of words.

Kiara thought about it for a second as she rested her leg that was beginning to cramp. "Uh, I wanted to go to the beach but Kate said she needed help with the J-Troupers." She explained with a sigh. "What did you do?"

James started to speak only to be interrupted by Kate and Chris who had just entered the studio with big smiles on their faces. "Attention, dancers! Attention, please." Chris called out, cupping his hands around his mouth to call louder.

Kate clapped her hands together once she gained all of their attention. "Some exciting news. It looks like we are going to be competing at a local dance competition this weekend." She explained and everyone who was gradually gathering around her cheered happily.

"We're going to a small competition this weekend. It's almost like rehearsal for regionals."—Kate

"We get to scope out the competition of, like, the other studios around the area."—Tiffany

"It'll give us a chance to go out and get used to being on stage again."—Eldon

"We're going to switch it up a bit, and I'm going to change the line positions." Kate then revealed to the troupe. Kiara saw the E-Girls roll their eyes at the pairs idea which only made her roll her eyes in response. "You'll perform for Chris and I and then I'll make the decision." She explained and everyone agreed—except Emily and her E-Girls.

"I don't know what Kate is trying to pull right now, but there is no way I'm letting her take this responsibility away from me."—Emily

"I'm very happy Chris and Kate are deciding the line positions and not Emily."—Kiara

"I am the dance captain."—Emily

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Both West and Kiara watched with amusement as Emily followed angrily after Kate and Chris, her feet stamping so hard against the wooden floors that they could have splintered under foot. West mimicked her walk only making the duo laugh while the E-Girls glared at them from the other side of the studio where they had watched their so called 'leader' follow after the two heads.

Emily held a heavy scowl as she entered the office behind Chris and Kate. "The dance positions are usually made up by the dance captain and the dance captain is me, right?" She stressed, showing her evident worry.

Kate sighed a little at Emily's protests, quickly growing tired of the Dance Captain drama and secretly wishing that Kiara had accepted the role when it was offered to her. "It's true, Emily, but I just feel like there's a lot of tension in the air, and it's probably best if the positions come from Chris and I." She justified with a shrug while Chris who was stood beside her nodded.

Emily scoffed and looked out at the other dancers, gesturing her arm out in the groups general direction. "How are the dancers supposed to trust me, or even respect me if you keep taking away my responsibilities as dance captain?" She argued.

"Emily is dance captain, and I think it's up to me and Kate to just let her do what she needs to do. She knows what she's doing, and I know she wants to win."—Chris