Infinite World

Nayeon knows she's made the right decision to stop. She wouldn't have been able to, if Mina didn't draw a line on time. The younger girl touching her swollen lips as if to soothe them only adds to her embarrassment.

This is Mina, her friend. Someone she's never imagined kissing, someone she's spent a decade taking care of, guiding, protecting, someone she's almost taken advantage of.

"I am sorry."

She waits, her body stiff with guilt and remorse. Ever since the Japanese girl confessed her love, she hasn't been able to get her out of her mind. These feelings, the want, the maddening curiosity to know what it would be like to cross the platonic barrier and see what sizzles underneath their friendship, all these were supposed to disappear if they worked on their friendship. Instead, they are here, the Japanese girl against the kitchen counter, a shuddering mess in her arms, looking as disheveled as she's feeling. 

"Why are you sorry?" Brown eyes looks at her in concern.

"I a-almost.."

Mina pulls back a little, and studies her face. "Almost?"

It's the way her voice has dropped an octave, a raw whisper that makes the thumping in her chest return full force. Nayeon's lips are on hers again. She's half expecting to be pushed away. But she's met with an eager mouth and soft hands to the side of her face, pulling her closer, deeper into the kiss.

Nayeon is not new to physical relationships, she's certainly not new to kissing. Kissing has always been a sort of a foreplay, it was a means to an end, a buildup to the release her body demands.

But with Mina, kissing is just kissing. Breath stealing, heart racing, mind numbing, toe curling kissing.

She's not sure how much time passes, as she soaks in all the sensations kissing Mina gives her. It's only when she hears Mina gasping again she realises one of her knee is accidentally pressing against the younger girl, making her buck up.

She's been so lost in kissing she's forgotten to respect her boundaries again. She steps back, putting a respectable distance between them. "I-I'm so sorry. I got carried away."

Her heart pounds, not just at the weight of what just took place, but at just looking at Mina. Mina who's so so beautiful, so so tempting.

She swallows hard, her body still shaking. She takes another step back. It's pointless really, they could put the whole kitchen counter between them, and she feels like she'll jump over it like a caveman and grab the girl. "Why are you doing this to me?" Her voice is a broken whisper.

"What did I do?" The younger girl approaches her, hands reaching up to cup her cheeks.

"You make me feel so much." Nayeon shudders as they share each other's breaths.

Mina shakes her head, thumbs stroking the soft skin on Nayeon's face.

"You make me feel so much." Nayeon closes her eyes at Mina's words, her arms wrapping around the younger girl's back pulling her in closer. "You've always made me feel so much."

(Nayeon feels like she's floating in space. Its vast, it's unexplored, it's terrifying. But Mina is like the mighty gravity, pulling her towards her, keeping her safe and grounded. )

A coffee table and a bowl of blackberries. Nayeon doesn't know whether to laugh or cry. It's her who has came up with this solution, has suggested to keep blackberries between them, so her emotions are diverted to disgust instead of just unadulterated lust.

She rests her chin in her hand, looking across the table at Mina who turns a lovely shade of pink every time their gazes meet.

"So? Where do we go from here?"