s i x

A/N: tysm for 300 views, that's actually insane, if you like this please vote etc, hope you enjoy!

Riff intently gazed at Cordelia, admiring the way her nose scrunched ever so slightly as her brain analysed situations, and her eyebrows so precisely exposed her emotions and feelings.

Cordelia tried to conceal her blush as she recognised her intertwined hand with Riff's by turning her head to fixate on her heels, detecting the clicking noise following her.

Riff simply observed her with a fawned grin, watching as she reddened with every step further into the dance floor which was currently flooded with a slow song, fellow dancers swaying their hips.

"Well Cordelia," He drawled, with a composed smirk, she gingerly raised her head as their eyes linked with each other. "You ready?"

"Are you?" She replied, tilting her head, a playful grin placed on her face. He raised his eyebrows in interest, smiling back as if to say "well played" and with that Cordelia raised her arms and coupled them around Riff's neck.

Riff shortly followed, linking his arms around Cordelia's waist, both drifting around the dance floor in a euphoric, at ease state.

They were submerged in a utopia of tranquility and assurance as their skin grazed each other, each sway gracefully pulling them closer together, like the tightening of a dress being sewed.

Cordelia got lost in the void of dreamy, ethereal blue in Riff's eyes which bored back into hers. They felt the figurative magnetic pull of each other, sensing the other's unspoken allure.

As quickly as she was submerged, Cordelia got snapped out of it, involuntarily yelping in pain as she felt long nails dig into the exposed skin on her back.

Riff, sensing her pain, impulsively pulled her closer. Moments after recognising his own actions, he loosened his grip for Cordelia to swivel around and be confronted by a girl with spiralling, golden curls and a distinct red lipstick.

"What do you think you're doing?" Graziella hissed, deathly scanning Cordelia. She viewed the girl in front of her, narrowing her eyes as she noticed the out of scene black dress. Cordelia returned her gaze with furrowed eyebrows and a sigh.

"Dancing?" She naïvely responded.

Riff dumbly blinked, unable to process the events as they quickly unravelled.

In a flash, Graziella bitterly seized a drink a girl was sipping at and tossed it in Cordelia's face, Cordelia completely stunned as she gazed at the girl in perplexity. The beverage dripped on her skin, trickling down her face in a slow mockery, meticulously removing the thin layer of makeup.

Riff noticed as Cordelia's face contorted, planning what to do.

Cordelia was burning with embarrassment, disregarding the layers of makeup declining which was shielding her scarred face. Cordelia inaudibly cursed at herself as she placed her eyes to her heels again, seemingly a source of comfort and familiarity to her now.

As she perked her head up she offered the girl a sincere smile, the blonde woman scowling with confusion.

"That's my cue to leave, enjoy the dance with your Prince Charming!" Cordelia chirped and began to amble towards the gym doors as Riff stared at her with a bemused grin, only just noticing a cut on her lip as she slid through the gap in the door.

Cordelia allowed the dewy, cool air to envelop her, instantly attempting to snuggle up to her dress for some warmth, but realising the impossible mission she lowered her hands, bested by the harsh New York weather.

Her hand travelled up and down her arm, aching for heat, only received as a body brushed past her side.

"Now you wouldn't be getting cold on me would ya?" Riff teased, she turned to look at him as he presented her with his jacket.

"Now I can't kill a gang leader from hypothermia, people might take it wrong." Cordelia grinned, perceiving the light grey jacket, as it ventured to the seams abruptly morphing into a dark blue.

"The walk to your home might warm me up." He assured with a wink, a glint of hope in his tone.

"A Jet escorting me home, not how I imagined the night going." Cordelia remarked, slipping the jacket on.

Riff, acknowledging her acceptance, offered a captivating smile and they began to roam the streets together, shortly finding out Cordelia's complete lack of navigation skills.

They passed an abundance of shops, Riff subtly indicating which ones he'd stole from, grinning at Cordelia as she gave him a disappointed laugh.

Cordelia scoffed and darkly glared at a specific one, Riff easily apprehending her clear irritation for the clothes store. Presented in the window were some jeans, marketing towards men, the next window showcasing dresses and long skirts.

"Didn't have the right colour dress for ya, Clicky?" He questioned with a smile, filled with inquisitiveness and comfort.

"Thought we were done with the nickname,"Cordelia preached with a raised eyebrow "Introducing my workplace."

"Well then Cordelia, maybe you can work out how to get home now." He leered, analysing her face.

"Clicky." Riff promptly blurted, Cordelia felt his gaze burn on her face. She turned to face him and he cupped her cheek, Cordelia feeling drunk on the infatuating touch.

"Where'd you get these marks from?" He queried, running his finger along the cut on her lip, retracting his hand for her to look up at him.

"Oh er-erm, I fell." She stammered, her face layered with a not so persuasive expression. Cordelia was mindful he wouldn't accredit this but in a desperate attempt she continued to walk, him subsequently following.

Riff, although wary of some odd situation, waited, waited for her to confide in him.

Cordelia rested her head on his shoulder, drowsiness beginning to engulf her. He slithered an arm around her waist, ensuring she was comfortable with this action and he manoeuvred them to Cordelia's home, directed by her drained whispers.

"You're not so bad, Jet," She chuckled as they finally arrived to a derelict building, "Shame we didn't get to finish the dance huh."

As the lobby door was unhatched she delicately shoved it open, slipping herself behind it and gazing back at the man.

"We can always finish it another time." He offered with a wave and turned on his heel, strolling into the streets as Cordelia watched him from the dim illuminating streetlights, clutching his jacket.

Clutching his jacket.