n i n e

A/N: the first part of this is kinda a recall to Cordelia's situation so that's why it's in italics, okay enjoy, tysm for all the support :) <3
OMFG THIS TOOK SO LONG TO MAKE ENJOY!!!!!!

Cordelia held her breath as she entered the door and plopped onto her mum's sofa. Again she found herself fixating on her heels, she'd already declared this as some sort of coping mechanism but chose to ignore it. The urgent news Helen was desperate to share was quickly spewed out.

Cordelia unwillingly opened her mouth, embraced in a painful shock, the feeling of a knife being plunged into her and constantly ripped out.

Helen quickly noted Cordelia's reaction and bunched her face up, scowling at her 'wicked' daughter.

"This is good for him! You're being selfish, this is a good idea." She followed, acknowledging the disapproving look stained on her face.

"Don't try assign me a piece of your fucked up mind and beliefs when you've already fucking screwed everyone over!"

Cordelia slowed her speech, attempting to gulp back the bitterness and croak in her voice . She just couldn't process speech, her entire mind had gone blank on plausible words and her emotion overflowed.

Her eyes welled up but she refused to allow a tear to fall in the presence of Helen. In the presence of her 'mum', she couldn't be seen in a state of weakness, it'd trouble her more than it was worth.

"You wanna send Johnny to an orphanage?" Cordelia bawled, attempting to see if her mind had illustrated this entire situation.

"Because, because he's a jet?"

Helen met Cordelia's gaze with confusion and yet again scrunched her face up in seeming disbelief.

"My boy's a jet?" She muttered to nobody in particular, staring blankly at Cordelia's face.

Her eyes looked dull and strained with fatigue as they bored into Cordelia, questioning whether it was all bullshit or Johnny was actually involved in a gang.

Cordelia stumbled over her words while trying to build a sentence but they kept getting dusted away, her mind remaining absent.

"Wa-Wait, you didn't know?" Florence stammered, Cordelia jumping at the croak of her voice, surprised she forgot Florence's presence.

"Then, then why were you going to send him to an orphanage?" Florence had already reached out her hand and placed it on top of Cordelia's reassuringly.

"Because there was a nail in his ear, thought my son was being a pussy!" Helen retorted, holding her nose high with disgust as she reimagined the bandage wrapped around his ear and her ripping it off, exposing the wounded flesh with blood trickling down onto the wiry black carpet.

Cordelia's eyes were submerged in a state of rage, pure red fury coursed through her veins as she bolted up and headed for the door, opening and slamming it shut with all her energy.

Threading through the streets, in an anxiety, disorientated manner, she allowed her own mind to autopilot the journey, tears finally free, streaking down her face.

She gulped to try drown out the escaping sobs and wiped her blurry eyes, acknowledging a sign and breathing in to calm herself.

Her mouth involuntary tugged at the sides as she took in the figure. He looked blushed with embarrassment, his eyes slowly scavenging the street, dismissing his thoughts attempting to encourage him that she was going to show.