3

The morning felt like it took forever to arrive. You had tried to sleep but it was constantly in and out, either from the ropes causing you irritation or Charlie deciding to mess with you.

What surprised you the most is that Charlie stayed with you the whole night, not even switching shifts with Ted like he had planned to. All he did was heat up a cup of coffee before the sun rose, and he seemed fine.

You knew at this point it was almost useless to try and run, so you just sat there, keeping your limbs close together so the tight ropes wouldn't hurt as much. Once all the boys were finally awake, you huffed and looked up at them. "So, when are y'all gonna untie me? These ropes are tight as hell, if you're gonna keep me captive at least make it somewhat tolerable."

All of the boys just stood there a bit surprised for a moment, before Schlatt gave a small snicker. "Listen here, Y/N. We run this little operation. Don't think just because your dad is special that you gotta be treated like royalty."

"I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying I'd like to be untied so it's not as painful. You must've not heard me with all of that scruffy hair clogging up your ears." You huffed out in annoyance.

Schlatt stood there for a moment before his hand smacked briefly across your face, nearly making you fall onto your side. Immediately you felt a slight stinging sensation on your cheek, resisting any urge to let tears flow.

Both Ted and Charlie watched all of this in shock. Ted grabbed Schlatt by his shoulders and pulled him back, while Charlie helped you sit up straight again. "Listen here you little shit, you decide to give me the mouth and I'll give you the hand." He spat, cracking his knuckles slightly.

"Easy there, Schlatt." Ted huffed, before looking down at you. "We can't kill 'em. Remember? The ransom."

Taking a deep breath, Schlatt gave a small nod, before rubbing his hands over his face. "Right, I know." He muttered, before glaring at you, then turning his attention to Charlie. "Charlie, get them on one of the horses. Don't care who. You can cut them free, but if they try anything don't be afraid to take a stab or two."

Charlie just gave a quick nod, not even bothering to say a word to Schlatt. He simply just scooped you up into his arms and headed outside, before setting you down on one of their horses.

Finally after a long moment of silence, Charlie grabbed his knife and cut the ropes that restrained your hands. "Boy, you've done it now.." He muttered, before looking down and cutting the rope around your ankles. "Schlatt's got a bad temper. When he's mad, he stays mad for a while."

"Well so do I, guess we're not that different then, huh?" You huffed out, carefully rubbing your wrists. "Especially since I'm stuck with assholes like you."

Rolling his eyes, Charlie hopped up onto his horse. "I'm just doing what I'm told. No need to bitch at me about it."

"Maybe take some different orders then." You spat out, before rubbing your face. It felt nice to finally have your hands free.

Suddenly the door swung open, and Schlatt stepped out for a moment. "Hey, Charlie! Since you're already out here, mind checking through the woods for some kinda food or some shit? Mr. Dumbass in here left our bag of food at the campsite last night."

Ted could be heard behind him. "Well I didn't mean to! It's not my fault we bumped into the sherrifs kid!!"

Letting out a disappointed sigh, Charlie gave a small nod. "Whatever, I'll see what I can find.." He muttered, grabbing onto the reigns of his horse. "I'll take Y/N with me. They've been bitching enough, I'd rather not hear a speech about 'being stuck here'." He rolled his eyes, before taking off.