4

An hour or two had gone by as you sat in the inn room, looking around here and there. Your main focus was honestly Charlie, making sure his wound wasn't too bad and that he would be okay.

You weren't exactly sure why you wanted to save him. Especially after what he and the others had done to you. But for some reason, you just couldn't resist.

Though when he started moving around and groaning, that's when you put your guard back up.

As soon as his eyes shot open, you grabbed a broom and scooted back, ready to swing if he were to move towards you in the slightest. Though, instead of moving to immediately attack you, though, he just sat up, taking a quick breath before looking around.

"What the hell?!" He quickly gasped out, before looking at you. "Where the hell are we?! What did you-"

He didn't even get to finish before you shushed him, gripping tightly onto the broom in your hands. "I suggest you quiet down. If someone comes up here from all the noise I won't be afraid to tell them you're one of the Chuckle Boys." You threatened.

That made Charlie quiet down instantly. He crossed his arms, before looking at you and letting out a quiet huff.  "Fine. But you still have some explaining to do." He grumbled.

Slowly setting the broom down, you let out a sigh and stood up. "A bear attacked us and you jumped in front of me. It scratched you and got you down almost immediately. Thankfully someone rode by us and offered to drop us off at an inn. One horse ride later and, well, now we're here."

Charlie cursed under his breath before looking around the room once again. ".. How long was I out for?"

Humming, you grabbed a rag and soaked it with clean water, before walking over and sitting down next to him on the bed. "About 3 or 4 hours, I'd say. Now hold still for just a second." You spoke to him softly, gently reaching up and beginning to clean the wound on his face.

He let out a slight hiss of pain, squinting his eyes as he attempted to lean away from you. You weren't having it, though. Quickly you grabbed him and forced him to sit up right, continuing to gently dab the wound with the wet rag. "Relax, now. I'm trying to get you cleaned up. You're lucky that damn bear didn't rip your face off."

"You're lucky I didn't rip your damn face off." Charlie grumbled. "What the hell were you thinking? Knocking both of us off the horse like that!

You just rolled you eyes and continued dabbing his face with the rag. "It's kinda hard not to when I've been kidnapped." You huffed. "Now, are you hungry?"

Scoffing, Charlie glanced at the ground, just trying to avoid looking at you. "Yeah. We were leaving to find some damn food, anyway." He grumbled.

Walking over to a small table, you looked through a plate that contained a few different food items. "Well, you're lucky they dropped us off at a nice inn. One of the ladies downstairs made us a food tray."

Before anything else, Charlie sat up and blinked a bit. ".. How much money was this room?" He huffed.

"They gave it to me for half the price. Said they were worried about your condition and that we could stay as long as we need." You huffed, before picking the tray up and carrying it over, setting it down on the nightstand next to him.

Charlie stared at the tray for a moment, before reaching over, grabbing a few pieces of cheese and some crackers and quickly stuffing them into his mouth. "You're lucky I.. oh, fuck, that's actually really good." He perked up a bit, immediately scrambling to grab more.

You couldn't help but giggle a bit. "Well, someone's hungry." You teased a bit, taking a seat in a chair near the bed.

He just grumbled as he continued eating, not even bothering to look at you once. "So, what's your plan here?" He asked, stuffing another cracker into his mouth.

Glancing at him, you raised an eyebrow. "Plan?"

"You've gotta have a plan or some shit. We can't just sit in an inn for the rest of our lives." He huffed. "Where the hell did you think you were going with all this?"

Honestly, he got you there. You had no idea what you were doing. Nor did you know what you were gonna do when he was fully healed. So, puffing your chest out a bit, you wanted to sound threatening. "Why would I tell you about my plan, huh? You would just ruin it."

Scoffing, Charlie rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Yeah, you have no idea what we're doing." He sighed. "Whatever happens, though, you're staying with me."

Hearing that made you frown a bit. "How come? You think we're just gonna ride back to your little crew so y'all can hold me for ransom?" You said with an aggravated huff. "I'd rather walked outta here right now and turn you in. I could care less on what happens to you."

A small smirk formed on a Charlie's face as he turned, holding onto the bedframe and pushing himself to his feet. "If you could care less then why'd you put all this effort in to save me?" He chuckled. "Quit trying to act tough. Just 'cause you're the kid of a sheriff doesn't mean you're shit."

Biting your tongue, you took a slight step back as he walked towards you. "I helped you because you helped me. If you hadn't jumped in front of me I'd be dead." You spat.

"You're a strange one. You know that?" He snickered, only continuing to get closer and closer to you. You backed up until your back pressed against the wall, which gave Charlie the chance to get closer, until his face was mere inches apart from yours. "You could've easily turned me in. Yet, you didn't. You saved me and brought me here."

He attempted to grab your arms, but you quickly grabbed him first, quickly spinned and pinning him face first, keeping his arms pulled behind his back. "I did. And if you try anything, I'll change my mind." You huffed.

Wincing, Charlie glanced back at you, sucking air through his teeth. "You're a strong one, huh?" He joked, though you didn't laugh.

"Well, this sheriff's kid is shit, you asshat." You spat. "Now, you try anything else and I'll finish the bears job." You said with a slight grumble, before slowly releasing him.

Quickly Charlie stood up straight and shook his arms, dusting himself off. "Jeez, even Schlatt hasn't grabbed onto me that tight before."

Raising an eyebrow, you slowly sat down on the bed. "You're saying he's grabbed you hard before?"

"More like smacked me, but you get the point." He chuckled, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. "He's got a temper. Piss him off and you'll regret it." He said with a sigh. "We care for each other. Kinda like family, y'know?"

A small huff escaped you as you looked at him. "Sounds like a pretty abusive family if you ask me." You said with a sigh. "He didn't give you that scar on your lip, did he?"

Charlie slowly lifted his hand up, gently running one of his fingers over the scar. ".. No." He said softly, letting out a small sigh. "It's a long story on how I got this one."

"Well, I like long stories." You said with a small smile.

Shaking his head, Charlie just huffed and turned, grabbing his hat from the table you had sat it on. "That's for another time. Anyway. You ready?"

Tilting your head, you looked at him and stood up. "Ready for what?"

He let out a chuckle as he turned to face the door. "I'm not sitting in a damn inn room all day. I gotta get out and explore some. Especially in a town I haven't been to before."

"You're not allowed to steal anything." You said quickly, before standing next to him.

Scoffing, he just shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Don't get your hopes up, Y/N. I'm not one to make promises."