3) "I'm just tired"

In a time where Takemichi managed to save Baji, Kazutora, the Shiba siblings, Inupi, Koko, Izana and Emma, everyone grew fond of him. He became someone special to them. Toman was incredibly grateful to him, especially Mikey. Takemichi was the one they went to look for when they had problems. He was like a big brother to everyone. Hell he was like a father figure to everyone. He would buy Mikey sweets when Draken's wallet wasn't around. He'd help Mitsuya with taking care of his sisters when the responsibility is getting heavier on the future designer's shoulders. He'd cook Baji food so he won't burn a car again. He's supportive of Kazutora and make sure his mental health won't go spiraling down again. He'd hang out with Chifuyu and Hakkai sometimes, and get involved with the Kawata twins' whims.

Takemichi was happy, no doubt about that. But sometimes, he wished he can rest.

*********

"Do you think Takemitchy is okay?" Draken asked after a Toman meeting, when its just the founding members present. "He's been spacing out more often."

"He also skips meetings." Smiley added. "Or he goes home early."

"I dont think he's sleeping. He's got eyebags now." Mitsuya said.

Mikey sat in his usual spot by the stairs of the shrine, listening to his friends talk about another friend. He noticed how out of it Takemitchy seems. He's not an idiot. He stood up abruptly, surprising his friends as they look at him.

"Let's go visit Takemitchy!" He declared.

Draken smirked in agreement. The rest followed suit.

*********

They arrived at his apartment. They knocked a couple of times but there was no immediate answer. Mikey was getting impatient. He swung his leg back, preparing to kick the door down. Before he could, the door opened, revealing a disheveled Takemichi.

"Oh hey guys," he chuckled nervously. "What brings you here?"

"Are you okay?" Draken asked. "You dont look well."

"I'm just tired." He rubbed the back of his neck. Seeing the worried looks of his friends, he added quickly, "but I'm fine. Really. "

He noticed the unconvinced looks. He smiled tiredly yet fondly at them. Takemichi looked at his friends one by one, keeping their faces into his memory.

"Come in," he said.

They all stayed in the living room while Takemichi told them that he'll be getting them something to eat Mitsuya offered to help and he accepted since he is pretty much used to cooking as he did raise his sisters. They decided to make everyone curry.

***********

They turned on the television as they waited for the food while also chatting amongst themselves. Sanzu and Mucho felt out of place. They weren't as close to Takemichi as everyone else. Sanzu does kinda hate him because Mikey, his king, likes him very much. And he's a shitty fighter. The 5th division members definitely hate weak fighters.

***********

Takemitchy and Mitsuya put as much food on a wooden serving tray to give them to everybody. He went back to the kitchen to gather the remaining food. He looked at his friends again. Everyone were all eating nicely. Pah-chin and Peh-yan were also happy, exchanging banter with each other like idiots.

"No dorayaki?" Mikey pouted.

"I'll go get some." Takemitchy said.

"Do you got peyoung yakisoba?" Baji asked.

"Of course." He turned to Chifuyu. "You want some too partner? "

"Of course!" Chifuyu grinned.

Mikey, of course loved the dorayaki. He made sure to have his friends favorites in stock.

Takemichi cant help but feel so accomplished. Seeing Toman so happy and acting like their age made his sacrifices worth it. He felt teary eyed, willing and failing to stop the tears.

"Takemitchy's crying again hahAHAHA." Mikey mocked in friendly way.

"Sorry." He quickly wiped his tears away. "I'm just really happy to see you guys happy."

"Awww come on, partner!" Chifuyu grinned at him.

"Don't get sappy on us now," Baji cackled.

Takemichi laughed wholeheartedly.

************

The fourth and fifth division leaders left, not feeling the need to overstate their welcome. The others gathered themselves in the living room, Takemichi offered them extra futons, pillows and blankets and had an impromptu sleepover. Everyone was asleep, except for Takemichi who was afraid to sleep, especially with them around. He stood up and went outside for some fresh air.

There's a fire escape leading to the rooftop and he used that to get up there. He went to the roof and watched the building lights at the distance. He leaned over to the railing.

He gathered his strength and pulled himself on top of it. He stood on the ledge, feeling the full blast of the wind. He breathed in and out, feeling an invisible weight on his chest.

Memories of his previous lives flashed in his mind. He remembered everyone dying at some point. He closed his eyes. It was painful to remember but he couldn't help it. For some reason, his mind just wanders to his failures. Take care of Mikey for me. It was always like that. And he kept failing. His lips trembled. He doesn't want to cry again.

************

Mikey heard the door open then closed. He looked around and saw that Takemitchy's futon was empty. He looked out the window and briefly saw someone's feet up the fire escape. He figured it was Takemitchy so he went up to follow him.

************

"Takemitchy!!?"

He looked over his shoulder. His eyes widened at Mikey. He looked absolutely terrified. His black eyes reminded him of the time he heard that Draken was stabbed. It was widened in shock.

Then he remembered what he looked like. He was on a ledge, with a tired look on his face.

Because of Mikey's shout, Draken and Mitsuya woke up. They ran towards Mikey and were also shocked with what they saw.

"Takemitchy?"

Takemichi's eyes watered. They were saddened by this. He looked so sad. It wasn't long until everyone else found their way to Takemitchy.

"Oi Takemitchy! What the hell are you doing?" Draken was distraught.

"Please get down from there," Mitsya said as calmly as he could. He didn't want to trigger him any further.

"I'm really tired," he whispered with a smile. If it weren't for the silence, they wouldn't have heard it.

"Talk to us partner," Chifuyu cried.

"I wanna sleep."

"Do you have nightmares or something?" Baji elbowed Pah-chin for that.

"I'm sorry." Takemitchy rubbed his eyes, aggressively wiping his tears away.

He turned to fully face them.  "Are you all happy?"

"How can we be happy if you're over there?!" Hakkai asked, panicked.

"No I mean--"

"Do you want us to be happy?" Mikey asked blankly.

"Yes of course."

"Then come here."

As soon as Takemitchy stepped down, he was engulfed in a hug by everyone.

"Idiot!"

"Dont scare us like that!"

"Dont keep your troubles to yourself."

"Let us help you."

"Yeah, you took care us.  Its our turn."

They all expressed their worries.  Takemitchy cried again.  They all cared about him too.  He didn't expect that he needed to hear that.  They stayed in the hug until their crybaby hero cried himself to sleep. This time, he slept peacefully.  With the comfort of his friends, and the reassurance that he was not alone, his nightmares never returned.