[1] 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑇𝑟𝑒𝑒

❝ 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗶'𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗜 𝗹𝗲𝗳𝘁,
𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁,
𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗶𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.  ❞

    ❤︎

You grasped the hand of your friend, running up a hill and to the familiar tree you visited almost every day. You looked back to your friend, Bertholdt, and giggled. Arriving at the top of the hill, you sat on the ground leaning your back against the willow tree, decorated in orange leaves.

Bertholdt laid down, resting his head in your lap and looking up at the branches of the tree.

"Y/n...?"He asked, looking into your eyes.

"Yes?" You brushed your fingers through his hair.

"Promise we'll always be together."

"Promise." You held your pinky up to your friend.

You both made a promise that day, little did you know it would soon be broken.

The sound of your fathers truck engine blared down the road in the distance. His truck stopped in front of the hill, getting out and beginning to walk up the hill.

Bertholdt sat up, leaning against the tree and you both stared at your father. He rubbed his hands together and pursed his lips.

"What is it papa?" You placed your hands in your lap. Bertholdt pulled his knees to his chest and listened to your conversation.

"Your mother and I need to talk to you Y/n."

"Okay..." You pouted, giving your friend a hug before walking to your fathers truck.

"Do you need a ride home Bert?" Your father asked your friend.

"No, it's okay i'll walk."

Your father walked over to you and helped you into the passenger seat of his truck. He started the engine and sighed before rolling down the window so you could wave goodbye to your friend.

Little did you know that was one of the last times you would talk to him.

-

You arrived back at your home, walking through the back door and into the kitchen. Your mother sat at the dining room table with her hands folded and legs crossed.

Your father helped you into a chair and sat down at one himself.

"Okay, listen dear, your father has gotten a very important job opportunity...and well." Your mother gulped, she looked uncomfortable.

"Mama, are you okay?"

"Yes dear."

"Listen sweetie what your mother is trying to say is that i've been offered a better job in the city."

"It would give your father more money than harvesting crops." Your mother grabbed your hand.

"So...?"

"We're going to have to move to the city."

"But what about my friend!" You began to cry.

Your only friend had been Bertholdt. He had been with you since you could remember. You lived in a small community in the country. You and Bert were the only children so naturally, you two hung out all the time.

You and Bert did homeschooling with your mother. He always helped you when you didn't understand something. All your life. All you could remember was Bertholdt being there with you.

He was your best friend, you loved him.

"Your friend will be okay sweetie." Your father patted your back in an attempt to calm you down.
Your mother pulled you into her lap and just let you sob. She kissed your forehead, comforting you.

Your father sat with his elbows against the table, supporting his head and he just looked down at the table.

That day was terrible.

A/n,
Bert 😍😍