Chapiter 1: Everyone can dream

Izuku was on the ground, bruised and battered. "If only I had a quirk. Why is it that I don't have one, I wanted to become a hero like All Might, a hero who saves people whit a smile", thinks the little Izuku. The little boy ended up in that situation after he tried to save a girl whit short black hair and cerulean eyes from Bakugo and his goons. Apparently they bullied her because she was a very quiet girl who didn't show a lot of emotions. Not only that but for Kachan, she had a "weak quirk", she could apparently make things a tiny bit bigger or smaller by touching them. It was normal that her quirk wasn't impressive yet, she was just 4 years old. Bakugo was only making sparks from his hands after all, it wasn't impressive for now.

"Hey, are you okay?" The girl had stayed, she actually stayed to talk to him. The little boy doesn't know what to do, until the girl touches his cheek where he has a small burn mark. The girl continued: "I'm sorry that you were injured because of me... but why didn't you use your quirk?" Izuku's face darken in sadness. At this point, both were sitting in front of each others, the girl still having her hand on his cheek. "I don't have one...", he manages to mutter. Expecting the girl to leave him there, the girl makes him look at her in the eyes, a small smile on her face. 

"I think that it's amazing how you ran to save me like that, even without a quirk against these kids." She then asks the green-haired kid if he knew who the blonde boy was since said blonde seemed to know who he was. "Well, he's my childhood friend, but then I was diagnosed quirkless a few months ago and since then he's been mocking me and calling me Deku. He says that it means useless... Maybe he's right, I tried to save you but I couldn't do anything, there's no way I'll ever be a hero." Tears stain the green-haired boy's face until he feels the girl hugging him. "No, it's not true. You saved me, if you hadn't stepped in I would be more hurt..." The boy's face changes into an expression of shock, no one, even his own mother, told him that he could become a hero. Everyone had told him that his dream was impossible. While the teachers weren't as mean about it as the kids were, they still told him that he could never do it and that he should try to become a police officer or a firefighter.

Izuku hugs her, crying while thanking her over and over again. The girl returned the hug, a small smile and a small blush on her face. The two stayed like that for few minutes. "My name is Yui Kodai, but you can call me Yui." Izuku wiped away his tears, giving her a big smile and saying: "My name is Izuku Midoriya, you can call me Izuku." The two then talked about heroes and quirks, Izuku showing his vast knowledge on them, especially All Might, while Yui listens whit interest. He then asks about her quirk and after explaining, the boy starts to mumble about the different stuff she would be able to do whit it, like shrinking ruble to save people, or enlarging objects after launching them to beat strong villains. They talk like this for an hour until the two have to return to their parents. They say their goodbye, promising to see each other again at the playing ground tomorrow after kindergarten.

They do that for a year, the two growingcloser and closer. At this point, Izuku had already started doing karate. Heknew that if he asked his mom to learn karate to become a hero she would havesaid no, so he gave her the excuse of being able to defend himself aftershowing her his bruises, even though he kept quiet about who did this to himsince he knew his mother and Mitsuki were friends. His life was starting to gowell, until Yui and him met at the park again. She was sad and Izuku knew it,so asking her if she had a problem and if he could help, Yui smiled sadly."You're such a great friend Izuku, I'm sure you'll become a great hero..." The green-haired boy blushed at what she said, but he couldn't help but fear the tone in which shesaid it, like she was never going to see him again. His fear was confirmed: "Myparents said that we're moving to another city, my dad got a new work..." 

Izukufelt his hearth shatter and Yui saw it. Yui quickly hugged him before saying:"Let's make a promise Izuku. We're going to meet again at UA and we'll becomeheroes..." Izuku nodded, promising. He then got out of his pocket a neckless whit the symbol of a moon crescent that he had planed to give her as a gift today,telling her: "Here, keep it as a reminder of me until we see each other again..."Yui smiles, tears staining her eyes as she hugged her first friend. She thenremoves her pendant, putting it around her friend's neck.