A bond that changes man

3rd person POV:

(Crash)

In his rage, Shinji kicked over a table before slamming his hands onto another table in deep thought of his next move.

Right now, to him, he was useless without Eva 01.

His life was repeating yet again, with him trying to give up piloting Evangelion 01, only for something to force him back into being its pilot.

It was painful. A feeling that is uncomfortable to bear, but with no hope of ridding it from himself.

Shinji:...

Ritsuko entered the room to find a flipped table and a Shinji deep in an existential thought of what he should do next.

Ritsuko: Shinji, what happened?

Shinji:... My clone is causing trouble... And I can't do anything... Unless I...

Ritsuko: Go back to Unit 01?

Shinji:...

Shinji: I'll do it...

With his head hung low, he turned to Ritsuko and made his way towards the door.

Shinji: If this is what everyone wants... I might as well make sure, only I have to suffer.

He hugs Ritsuko.

Ritsuko:?

Shinji: Ritsuko... Please help me.

(Opening theme)

In the Geofront, Eva 01 waited for another Angel for him to help defeat.

As he waited, Shinji arrived with a pair of gardening scissors.

He began tending to the watermelon patch that Eva 01 wanted to have taken care of.

Eva 01:?

Shinji:... This was once Kaji's watermelon field...

Shinji: Do you know him?

Eva 01:...

Shinji: I took care of it for him, until all this crap started... Is that why you wanted this to be taken care of?

Shinji: Well... Whatever the reason... Here I am. With the right tools. I have no idea what you wanted me to do with a hoe.

Shinji: Like seriously, what did you want me to do? You just have to water them gently...

Shinji: Even now, I'm just cutting weeds and harvesting them...