𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

the night was dark. a tall handsome carrot top walked down a sidewalk in a park. he wore a black button down with the top few buttons unbuttoned and a few thin silver chains. one had a rosary cross hanging down. his pants had two chains hanging from them. a lit cigarette hung from his mouth, the cherry red tip providing one of the only sources of light.

it had been a while since he'd fed. everything he passed he could see the movement, smell the life, waiting to snuff it out. he took in a deep breath to relax. it was hard to hold his composure. he could smell someone new in the town, but he couldn't pinpoint where or who. all he could tell was it was a girl. about 19 years old. her scent had been lingering around everywhere he went, always following him. he took a puff of his cigarette and pulled it out of his mouth, inhaling a bit to get the full effect. he came up on a concrete staircase. his eye darted to the side, sensing someone on the staircase. a small dark haired girl with large eyes sat there wearing a lime green coat that was long enough to be a short dress. she looked up and over at him. "you've been absent lately." she said as she stood. "where have you been?" she asked as she approached him.

"i've been around." he said as he tilted his head up and continued walking. he decided against telling rukia about the new girl. he assumed she would of course report it to her brother immediately.

her brother is byakuya kuchiki. he was one of the vampire king's top captains. he knew rukia was in the kuchiki clan, though he couldn't decide if he trusted byakuya or not. he pulled the cigarette out of his mouth and looked over at her. "you haven't been exactly looking for me though." he said as rukia smiled and chuckled a bit. "the first day of school is tomorrow." she said as she walked with him. he shot a look at her and snarled a bit. "don't remind me." he said as he blew out a cloud of smoke. ichigo and all of his friends had graduated high school and attended the same college. the worst part about four more years of school was that the college campus was connected to the high school. though ichigo hated the fact that he had to go to that school ever again, he was glad he only signed up for night classes. he was about to start his sophomore year at college tomorrow. if he believed in god, he would pray that the new smell was also a college student.

the next morning ichigo laid in bed in his boxers, the covers covering select parts of his body. rukia was up already, standing over him. "wake up already!" she said loudly. her hands were on her hips and her face was stern. she wore a black long sleeve shirt that hung off of one shoulder with some shorts and tights. ichigo jerked up, gripping his sheet to death. "what the hell rukia!?" he shouted angrily. her face stayed the same. "kisuke wants to see us before class. get dressed." she said as she walked off. ichigo groaned and slapped his hands to his face, using the momentum to fall back down.

after about 15-20 more minutes of laying in bed, ichigo finally got dressed. he slipped on some jeans with a studded belt and a white cross shirt with a black vest over it. the cross rosary still hung over his neck. he never took it off. not when sleeping and not when showering.

after getting dressed, he went outside where rukia was waiting. she began walking at a brisk pace. ichigo rolled his eyes and jogged for a second to get back to her. "slow down. we've got hours until class." rukia had put on a wide brimmed hat and large sunglasses because of the sun. she kept a serious face on. "i want time to rest." she said frowning. he snickered at her hat and glasses. "at least i don't have to wear that dumbass getup." he said as he walked ahead of her.

after a short walk they arrived at the urahara shop, kisuke sitting on the front steps calmly. his head was tilted down, the shadow of his bucket hat covering his eyes. "actually rukia, i only wanted ichigo to come." he said as he raised his head ever so slightly. rukia was shocked for a moment then nodded. she turned to ichigo. "be back home before 8." she said before turning on her heels to leave. "you don't control me." ichigo called back. "what's up mr. urahara?" he asked as he stood with his hands in his pockets. "ichigo, i want you to keep an eye on a new person in town." he said as he threw a polaroid at ichigo with the speed and power to slice through a watermelon. "you've smelled them right?" he asked as ichigo caught it and glanced at urahara then at the photo.

it was a picture of a chubby girl with h/t hair and brown skin. she had a gorgeous face and he assumed a nice style from what he could see in the picture. he raised an eyebrow at urahara. "alright...why?" he asked as he slipped the photo into his pocket. "she gives me a feeling. like she's going to be important to us somehow." he said as he stood. "i'm not sure where she's going to school or how old she is but she's got good blood. her name is y/n." he turned and started up the steps. he walked into the store before ichigo spoke out "hey-!" he shouted. urururu stepped out from the door timidly. "i-i'm sorry, ichigo. mr. kisuke is very busy today. you can come back tomorrow. i'm sorry." she said softly before closing the door. ichigo smacked his teeth and turned, lighting a cigarette.

he stayed in the park for the rest of the day until 8. he headed immediately to his classroom, texting rukia that he was already in class. as he sat down in the large lecture hall he slumped back and scrolled through his phone tiredly. his legs separated in an egotistical man spread. after a few minutes his nose was flooded the the scent of wisteria and chocolate. the same scent that popped up a couple days ago. his eyes widened and his head whipped around only to see the girl from the photo. he whipped it out of his pants and held it up close to his face while keeping the girl in view. it was a perfect match.

she wore a black leather crop top that laced up in the front with low rise denim bell bottoms and some cool looking boots. she had multiple necklaces on as well as a black choker with small spikes. he couldn't help but stare at her as she walked in, her hair sort of blowing past her as she walked. orihime came in behind her waving at ichigo broadly. "ichigo! hey!" she half shouted at him. y/n didn't even glance at ichigo and turned down one of the rows to get a seat. ichigo's jaw was dropped. orihime leaned over to look ichigo in the face. "are you alright?" she asked worriedly. "your face is all red." ichigo pulled his eyes over to orihime's face. "i'm just hot." he said as he turned his body back around to the front.

orihime smiled to herself, screaming internally. 'was he blushing because of me?' she asked herself as she took a seat next to him. rukia rushed into class and sat next to orihime. "hi, orihime." she said happily. "how was your day?" she asked smiling. "it was good. how was yours rukia?" orihime asked as flowers practically blossomed around her aura. "boring. ichigo left home early so i had nothing to do." she said as she began getting her books and pens out. ichigo kept glancing behind him at the girl. 

she looked a bit younger than him and the rest of his friends. her face was so enticing. chad stepped into the classroom through a door by the professor's desk. he sat in a slightly smaller desk by the professor's desk. he looked a little nervous. the chatter of the lecture hall became a low buzz in his ears. he felt as if his head was vibrating the more he stared at her. the professor stepped into the classroom and the chatter died down a bit, but there was still some words thrown around. "he's young..." he heard some girl say. he heard muttering behind him "... kurt cobain." "what's up with his outfit?" with those last two comments ichigo whipped his head around for his eyes to be met with none other than kisuke urahara's. "you've got to be kidding me." he exclaimed.

kisuke's voice rang through the lecture hall. "good night everyone! welcome to human studies!" he said excitedly. tessai, ururu, and jinta stood next to him. someone called out from behind him. "what's with the big guy and the kids!?" ichigo groaned and let his head fall into his hands. kisuke sat on his desk with a smirk. "let's get started, huh?"