Chapter 16: A Complete Cold War

"Hello, Sister Allen?" Cathy answered the phone.

"Cathy, I'm back from a business trip. Come have lunch with me." Allen said on the phone without a tone of discussion.

Cathy did not want to go out, her head was still aching. "Sister Allen, it might not be convenient for me today …"

"I have to give you the commission of 100,000 yuan in private. This matter is inconvenient in the company. You should come out. I'll send you the address immediately."

On the other side of the microphone, Allen hung up the phone.

Cathy had no choice but to change her clothes and go out.

Dinner was in the business district near the airport.

Allen had just got off the plane, and her luggage was still in hand.

After the two sat down to order, she handed over a bank card and spoke directly to the subject. "There is 110,000 yuan in it, and 10,000 yuan is your compensation."

Cathy looked at the bank card and felt uncomfortable in her heart. She hoarsely thanked her.

Allen took a sip of water and glanced at Cathy's expression. "You and that man are not creditors, are you? I think he… looks like your husband."

Cathy smiled bitterly and mocked herself, "How can I be his wife?"

Allen raised her eyebrows. She knew that the two of them probably had some kind of physical transaction about money, so Cathy said that he was her creditor.

"Then you're… separated now?" She guessed.

Cathy thought of his indifference towards her and tightened her grip on the glass cup.

"Sort of …"

Allen nodded and waited for the dishes to be served before she said, "Anyway, the conditions I gave you are still worth it. If you lack money, follow me. Of course, if you don't want to, I won't force you."

Cathy did not say anything. She was extremely regretful about what happened that night. How could she do it again?

Allen did not force her. After dinner, the two of them went home.

The next day, Cathy returned to work.

From nine to five, life calmed down like a pool of stagnant water.

Randy never returned to Villa, not even having a phone call telling her to serve Sophia.

She was completely excluded from his life.

A month later.

Cathy finished her day's work and returned home, throwing herself on the bed.

She threw her phone beside the bed where she could see it.

Randy, will he never contact her again…

Closing her eyes, Cathy buried her face in the quilt in pain.

The ear—piercing ringtone of his phone suddenly rang at this moment.

She immediately sat up and picked up the phone.

"Cathy, come to the cottage now!" The person who spoke was Sophia. After saying this, she directly rang the phone.

Cathy frowned. It wasn't like Sophia because she hadn't called her over in the middle of the night, but at this time, the other party was usually unhappy and wanted to vent her anger.

If it was in the past, Cathy would definitely not care.

But now…

If she went over, would she accidentally run into Randy?

Biting her lower lip, Cathy finally took a taxi to the cottage.

Even though she knew very well that even if she ran into Randy, it would be useless.

That extremely cold man might not even look at her.

But she was, despicably, wanting to see him.

After getting off the car, Cathy entered the living room smoothly.

The living room was in a mess, the food for dinner spilled all over the floor, even broken vases and scattered flowers were on the carpet.

Several servants were cleaning. Seeing Cathy, they said softly with a complicated and sympathetic expression, "Miss is upstairs, waiting for you."

"Thank you."

Cathy went upstairs and pushed open Sophia's bedroom door.

Sophia sat on the wheelchair, her face facing the door. Her expression was gloomy. Under the wheelchair was also a pile of ceramic fragments and sticky porridge. It was the porridge bowl that she had just broken.

"Cathy, you're finally here." She said with a sinister expression.

Cathy's expression was indifferent, "What's the matter?"

Sophia's face was gloomy. "I'm sleepy. I want to sleep. Come and carry me to bed."

Cathy avoided the mess on the ground and walked over. Just as she was about to bend over to hug her, Sophia suddenly waved her hand and attacked her face.

"Hiss" Cathy couldn't dodge, her cheeks hurt, and the smell of blood immediately spread out.

It turned out that Sophia held a piece of broken ceramic in her hand. She used this to cut Cathy's face, leaving a long, blood—red cut…

@--}---

Comment and let me know what you think about this chapter :)

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. FOLLOW

Thanks for reading and have a nice day. _xP

Unauthorized use, duplication, distribution or sharing may result to civil liability and criminal prosecution.