Carnival

"Hope, tell meeeee." Lizzie whines.

Hope chuckles from the drivers seat and shakes her head, gazing lovingly at her girlfriend. "No, it will ruin the surprise."

Lizzie huffs and crosses her arms over her chest. "Fine."

Hopes cheeks hurt from smiling so much. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"Just a couple hundred times a day." Lizzie teases before softening. "I love you too."

Hope takes Lizzies hand and brings it up to her mouth, kissing the back of it. Lizzie smiles and waves her finger around in the air, watching the writing appear on Hope wrist.

'I love you'

"Liz, you don't love me just because of the sire bond, do you?" Hope asks hesitantly.

"Of course not. Hope, I've been in love with you since Miss Mystic Falls 4 years ago. I was just too scared to tell you because I never thought I was good enough for you. The way you looked at Landon, I never believed you would look at me like that. I don't know why you do, to be honest." Lizzie admits.

"Elizabeth, you died because you refused to hurt me. You risked your life to bring me back, and you still have me a chance after everything I did to you. The love I had for Landon doesn't even match up to a quarter of the love I hold for you." Hope tells her.

Lizzie blushes and leans over to kiss Hopes cheek. "You don't have to sweet talk me, darling, you've already seen me naked."

Hope laughs loudly and shakes her head. "Dork."

"Your dork." Lizzie grins.

Hope rolls get eyes fondly.

"So, are we almost there?" Lizzie asks.

"Actually, we're here." Hope says and pulls into a field.

Lizzie frowns slightly as she takes in the view of the carnival. Memories of the time they were last at a carnival fills her mind.

Hope pulls into a parking spot and turns the car off. "You ready?"

"Hm? Oh. Right. Uh, yeah." Lizzie forces a smile onto her face and gets out of the car.

"Hey, wait." Hope calls out and grabs Lizzies hand. "What's wrong?"

"It just brings back memories." Lizzie frowns. "I know it's stupid, but carnivals remind me of the time you said I was useless to you. That was the day I thought you were gonna leave for good."

Hope frowns guiltily. "I'm so sorry. You're not useless."

"It's fine." Lizzie smiles slightly.

"Ok. I know you hate carnivals and the circus, but there's a reason I bought you here." Hope admits.

"What is it?" Lizzie asks curiously.

"Iwanttowinyouateddy." Hope mumbles with bright red cheeks.

"What was that?"

"I want to win you a teddy." Hope says louder and nervously shuffles on her feet.

"Awwww. Hopey." Lizzie coos and squeezes her cheeks. "You're so cute!"

Hope pouts. "It's not a big deal. We haven't exactly got normal lives, so I wanted to do something remotely human with you."

Lizzie giggles and pulls Hope into a hug. "You're so adorable."

"Yeah, yeah, only for you." Hope grumbles in fake annoyance. "Come on, let's go."

Lizzie loops her arm through Hopes and lets the tribrid lead her through the crowd.

They walk around for a bit and okay some random games before something catches Lizzies eye that makes her gasp.

"What? What is it?" Hope asks.

"Look!" Lizzie squeals and points at a game stand that has a white wolf teddy.

"You want that one, Princess?" Hope asks which makes her nod. Hope chuckles and pulls her over to the stand.

"Step right up! Win any prize if you can hold yourself up for 2 minutes!" The attended yells.

Hope hands him a 5 dollar bill.

"I'll give a shot." She says, stepping up to the bar. She jumps up and grabs onto it, easily holding herself up.

Hope meets Lizzies eyes who is watching with an excited smile, practically radiating with happiness. Hope smiles back at her and shoots her a wink. She then sees another wolf toy that matches the one Lizzie wants but it's brown instead.

"What do you say we go double or nothing? I hold on for 4 minutes and in return you give my girl two prizes?" Hope offers the guy who looks up at her with a smug expression.

"You think you can hang there for 4 minutes?" He asks.

"Well, I'm already at 1:30 and I'm not even breaking a sweat. Do we have a deal?" Hope asks, hanging by one arm and holding her other hand out for the man to shake.

The guy, looking completely baffled, reaches up and shakes her hand before pulling away. Hope puts her hand back and grins at Lizzie who is watching her curiously. Hope just smiles at her.

By the time the timer hits three minutes, there is a crowd of people surrounding the stall, watching in amazement as Hope hangs there without looking like she's struggling at all. Obviously they don't know she's supernatural, but Lizzie is just watching her with a teasing expression.

"10."

"9."

"8."

"7."

"6."

"5."

"4."

"3."

"2."

"1."

Hope let's go of the bar as everyone cheers around her. Lizzie hugs her tightly.

"So much for 'human'." She teases quietly.

Hope just winks at her and pulls her over to the prizes. "We'll take the two wolves."

The attended hands the prizes to Hope, looking at her in shock as are most people.

"Here you are, darlin'." Hope hands Lizzie the wolves.

"Thank you, baby." Lizzie coos and kisses her. "They're so cute."

"Anything for you, Liz. Hey, let's go ride the Ferris wheel. I wanna kiss my girlfriend at the top." Hope ushers.

Lizzie giggles bashfully and lets Hope pull her towards the ride. Luckily there's no queue, so they climb into a carriage and wait for it to move.

"Thank you for bringing me here, Hope, it's been the best date ever." Lizzie says softly and holds her hand.

"You're welcome. I'm just sorry we can't live like this everyday." Hope shrugs but Lizzie can tell it bothers her.

"I'm not. I like our lives. They're unique, everyday is a new adventure, especially with you by my side." Lizzie assures.

Hope smiles and leans her head on Lizzies shoulder. "I love you, Elizabeth."

"I love you too, Hope."

The ferris wheel comes to another stop and the pair look over at the sun setting across the fields, the clouds and sky a beautiful pink colour.

Their lips find one another's and everything around them slowly fades away, the only thing they're worried about is having to break their kiss.