Chapter 10

"I do."

And with her answer, the guests smiled brightly at the couple. They all smiled happily except for the person on the last row.

Ryujin can't force a smile when her heart was torn apart seeing the couple on the altar.

She always thought that she'd be the one saying those two words. After all, she was the best thing that happened in her life. It was natural for her to think they'd spend their lives together when they were together for seven years. They used to tell each other about building a family with a simple and cozy house on a small town.

Yet, here she is... Watching her marry her bestfriend, Lia. What can a seven years relationship do if your other half doesn't feel the same way for you anymore?

Loving her wasn't enough to make her stay.

She fell out of love when she got a job on the company where Lia was working. Ryujin tried to ignore the possibility of Yeji falling out of love. She always thought nothing had changed.

She still laughs at her corny jokes. She says "I love you too". She clings to her whenever she can.

At least that's what Ryujin chose to see.

Ryujin ignored the idea of Yeji falling out of love even if she noticed how Yeji forced her laughter when she tells her a joke. How she replies "I love you too" emotionlessly. How she clings to her only when Ryujin pulls her close. How she gets seriously irritated when Ryujin teases her with random nicknames.

She saw how Yeji fell out of love so she made her fall in love with her again.

Yet, it didn't work. Making her fall in love with her again was difficult when she's in love with someone else. Her best friend.

Making her happy was always Ryujin goal as well as happiness. She wants to make her happy even if it meant letting her go.

Lia was constantly asking to see her. To reassure her that she'll ignore her feelings for Yeji like how she always did back in their teenage years. Lia was crying as she kneels in front of her begging for forgiveness.

Ryujin held back her tears. She mustered up a smile and told her best friend a lie.

"I don't love her anymore, Lia. And...you're the one who can give her the love that she yearns right now. Don't be sorry for falling in love."

Ryujin left and went to a different country after that day. She traveled by herself for months trying to heal herself. A year later, she finally replied to Lia messages. She wanted to be fine and show them that she'd moved on. She showed them she was happy.

Ryujin wiped her tears when she saw the newly wed wives approaching. She smiled at the two. Acting had always been her passion. Pretending she was happy was enough to make them believe that she had moved on.

"Congratulations, Lia. Who would've thought you'd be the first one to get married between me and Chaewon?"

Ryujin joked while grinning goofily.

"I thought you wouldn't be able to attend." Lia sniffled as she give Ryujin a shove."You said you had important business meetings to attend."

Ryujin smiled apologetically as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"I wanted to surprise you two."

She then turned to see Yeji. She spoke softly yet trying to sound casual.

"Hey, Yeji. Congrats for achieving your dream of marrying someone you love."

Yeji cheeks were flushed as she smiled back at Ryujin. She loosened her hand on Lia then walked towards her. She gave her a hug that Ryujin missed dearly.

"I missed you so much, Ryujin. Thank you for being

here on one of the most important day in my life." Ryujin returned the hug while temporarily forgetting the fact that she's hugging the only girl she'd ever love.

"Guys...someone is here."

Chaewon said with a glass of champagne on her hand. Minju was beside her. The two got together after they graduated high-school back then and is still together until now. Ryujin wondered if she'll ever be in love again.

"Chaeryeong?!"

Ryujin saw sadness in the red-haired girl's eyes. Ryujin remembered how Chaeryeong used to have a crush on Lia back in their teenage years without anyone knowing. She may act so tough and bitchy around her but that's because she was irritated at Lia for being so dense. She confessed on graduation day mustering up all the courage she had saved. The older could only give her friendship which made her heartbroken. After graduating highschool, she studied abroad. Despite being a lawyer.

"Hey, Unnie! Congratulations on your wedding! Although, it was questionable why you fell for this dwarf ..."

Chaeryeong said teasingly making Lia pout. The rest of them laughed at Lia reaction.

She gulped the champagne hoping that it would take away the pain. Just then, Lia called her. She arched her brow curiously as she stands up.

"She wants to dance with her old bestie."

Lia said referring to Yeji as she dragged Ryujin towards the cat-eyed girl. Ryujin was nervous at the idea of dancing with her. Lia gave her a supportive push as she said,

"Don't make her wait, Ryu."

She walked hesitantly towards her. Yeji smiled warmly at her which brought back the old feelings that she buried long ago. It was like the old times when Yeji would give her that smile when she's feeling nervous.

"Hi..."

Yeji said softly as she held Ryujin hand. Ryujin was trying to stay calm when Yeji placed her hands on her shoulder. She carefully placed her hands on Yeji petite waist which felt familiar as she remembered when Yeji taught her how to dance when they were thirteen years old.

"You look more beautiful than ever, Ryuddaeng."

Ryujin smiled hearing her say the nickname she made back then.

"Yah...don't say that. I might think you're hitting on me."

Ryujin joked making Yeji laugh. Her laughter that brightens her day when she hears them. That's why making Yeji laugh was one of her favorite thing to do when they were together. It was rewarding to hear Hwang Yeji laughter.

"It's true, you know. You've always been beautiful."

Yeji mutters as she rests her head on Ryujin shoulder. It felt like it was just the two of them lost in their own world. It felt familiar. Ryujin felt like she's back at her safe haven.

Her delusions disappeared when Lia pats her shoulder which meant it was her turn to dance with her wife. Ryujin nodded then gave way before giving Yeji one last smile.

She decides to leave before her happy facade disappears. As she drives alone, she let the tears stream freely on her cheeks. She cried her heart out.

She'll never love someone else like how she loved Yeji.

End?