Chapter44:TIMESKIP

~Y/N's POV~
Nothing much happened for the rest of the year, we won Nationals again but Kuroo's team lost to Karasuno not long after they got their whole head in the game. I also got reunited with everyone.

We graduated High school and me and Tetsurou went to the same university. We studied together but we aren't in speaking terms at the moment. After passing the first semester, a girl from our class had been too touchy with him, I brought it up and he tried avoiding her but it just wouldn't work so when I tried talking to the girl, he suddenly stopped me, we had an argument about it and I ended the conversation with shoving my ring into his hands. "I guess our engagement is finally canceled!" I yelled at him before I picked up my bag and walked out of the classroom. I decided to stay at home with my sisters, the adults were all busy as usual.

It's been a week, I've ignored him deliberately. I focused on curing myself and passing my class. Staying up late studying till my head spun.... I was sitting in my seat and Tetsurou was at the other side of our classroom, still sitting at our usual desk. I sighed and got up when the bell rang, I heard his voice calling out but when I moved my feet, I felt like falling.

'Eh?' I thought in my head and it just went black, loud noises echoed and I was so confused, what was happening?

~Kuroo's POV~
I just didn't want her to think too much of it because I honestly didn't give a damn about that girl but I ended up screwing up. She's been ignoring me, she hasn't come back to the dorms and she's been drowning herself in schoolwork, I couldn't even have a debate with her answers anymore.

I've had enough of it so I decided I'd talk to her, she was about to leave so I called out to her, she didn't respond, she froze but started falling to the floor. I ran to her and caught her before she could hit the ground.

"Y/N? Y/N! Wake up!" I exclaimed as I shook her abit to try and wake her but she didn't, I picked her up and ran to my car, shoving past the people in the hallway. I place her on the backseat and drive to the hospital. We got there and after they took her in I called her family. They came after a few minutes, a punch landed on my face as Maki came in fuming, Koutaro had to hold him back along with Y/N's sisters helped them while his daughters tried comforting me in the floor. "If only you loved her enough this wouldn't have happened!" Maki yelled at me "She was so upset for the past few days because of you!" He continued "I trusted you take care of her!" He said, I looked at him "We had a misunderstanding and I wanted to let her calm down before we settle the issue!" I answered him and my voice echoed through the hospital, Maki was shocked, he leaned to the nearby wall and just slowly slipped down out of despair.

"I tried my best to take care of her... we've only been apart for a week... I made sure to leave food for her but she never came to the dorms.... I tried everything, approaching her when I get the chance but she keeps avoiding me.... I know I screwed up but I was trying to fix everything..." I explained and all of a sudden tears fell out of my eyes uncontrollably...

She's been unconscious for 2 days now... I stayed beside her, holding her hand, wiping her down with a damped cloth and checking on her condition every now and then... leaving kisses on her forehead and hand, I sat here hoping she would wake up.

I fell asleep holding her hand but I woke up to someone touching my hair, I opened my eyes and saw Y/N awake. She smiled "Tetsu... I have a favor..." She mumbled "Anything!" I exclaimed "Live a happy life and take care if I don't make it through.... I'll leave you for now." She said as she smiled at me "What?" I asked and all of a sudden hospital staff came flooding in, Maki held me back as they rushed her out.

It's been a day and I found out she was transferred to the research facility they had, she was sleeping and no one could go near her since it's a restricted area. Maki showed me around, it's been almost a year, everyday I visited her, a glass window is the only way I could see her, leaving flowers infront of the window. Recently Maki explained to me why she passed out that day.

"The uncontrolled chemical started to attack her nerves." He said, all I could do was stay silent and wait for her to wake up. I helped with comforting her family, handling the business and all of the things she would've done I did it in her place.

It was a normal day, I grabbed the bouquet of Baby's Breath from the locker and walked out of the school building and got into my car, driving to the Research Facility and feeling a little excited to see her recovering smoothly but I was met with the staff panicking in the hallway. Maki rushed me out and said she disappeared, I sat in my car processing what happened.... She was missing? Was she gone? What's happening?

I heard my phone beep and I checked it, A location... A specific one, A familiar location. I started to drive there, I just had a feeling that I'll find something helpful there. Entering the Nekoma's school grounds, parking infront of my old school building, I entered and Emiko-Sensei greeted me. "You've grown a lot Tetsurou!" She said and I just chuckled "You have yet to see Y/N, She's all grown up now. Prettier than ever too." I said, Y/N said that this was bragging but It just feels right, Sensei smiled "Where is she anyway?" She asked "I'm actually looking for her, Oh, is the fence still there?" I asked and she nodded, I had a brilliant idea, checking the location and she'd definitely be there. "Infact we added a gate since Y/N suggested it." She said and I smiled, I ran back outside and there it was a gate. I opened it and as the trail of the old ribbon me and her tied to the tree branches continued, we tied it during graduation, I remember running around the forest holding red ribbons with our initials and number on them, she embroidered them too, she even taught me how to embroider.

Memories felt like they danced around as I walked throughout he familiar path. I've grown a lot huh?... I could see the clearing, I hear the waters rippling calmly as well, That familiar feeling, I held onto the bouquet of baby's breath.

Word Count:1195