four

Tessa and Reece ^^

Tessa's POV

Reece's house was massive to say the least. His mum is a surgeon and his dad is a cop. It's like a mansion compared to my tiny home. Strolling our suitcases, I head into this mansion.

"Tessa!" I hear a voice squeal as I walk through the door.

"Mrs Hayes" I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

"Please, call me Lucy, I haven't seen you around in a while honey" She pulls back, looking sad.

"I'm sorry I've just been so busy with school" I murmured.

She looks at me with an 'are you sure that's all?' look. 

"Is it okay if me and Miyah stay a few nights, I'll explain everything." I whisper, afraid of her answer. She looks at me like I'm crazy before replying,

"Of course honey, stay as long as you need" She smiles sweetly before pulling me into another hug.

On que, Reece walks in with a sleeping Miyah, resting her head on his shoulders.

"I'm gonna take her to the guest room" He whispers, making sure not to wake her up.

Lucy walks up to Miyah and gives her a peck on the head before nodding her head and waving him away.

Chuckling, she looks back to me and grabs my hand.

"Tell me everything honey" She says, leading me into their massive living room.

The living room smelt like lavender, it soothed my anxious feelings. There were family painting's all over the walls and even some drawings Reece made in primary school. I chuckled at the drawing he made of me and him, lying on a hill and counting the stars.

Lucy lead me to a couch and I sat my big booty down. She gives me a curt nod and I take that as my que to tell her the whole story.

After telling her everything, she pulls me into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry honey, you can stay here okay? You're my daughters now" She whispers, running her hands through my hair.

I let out a sob at those last words, hugging her like my life depended on it.

"Thank you so much Lucy, I don't know what I'd do without you" I sniffed into her shoulder.

We sat in that position for what seemed like forever.

"Tes, can I talk to you please?" Reece peeks his big head into the living room.

I excuse myself from Lucy before getting up and heading to Reece.

"What's up loser?" I teased, trying to bring the mood up.

He kicks his leg off the door and raises a brow. I look away from the awkward eye contact until I feel arms around me.

"I'll protect you, I promise okay?" He vows, leaning into my hair. I take in his scent before burying my face in his chest.

"Thank you Reece" I say softly, enjoying the position im in.

-----------

"Dinner time!" Lucy yells from downstairs.

"I'm gonna go wake up Miyah" I state, getting out of Reese's chair and heading out of his room. I walk down the hallway and admire the artistry. Yet again, there were family pictures from weddings, vacations, and other special moments. There's even a picture of me and Reece in primary, where we were graduating year 6. Reece's arm was around my shoulder and we were smiling hysterically. I smiled at the memory before continuing to the guest room.