Chapter 2

A/N - this chapter is fully based on Minhyuk.
_______________________________

Author's POV
Minhyuk was in the battlefield fighting against the Ravaryns that came his way. Out of nowhere, an announcement was made by Hyunwoo saying that the war shall stop now.

To say Minhyuk was confused would be an understatement , he was beyond confused and shocked by the Ravaryns backing off from the war suddenly. He was not able to understand the reason behind the sudden halt in the war, not like the Casentinians were the first to attack anyways.

Just then, a Casentinian soldier came to Minhyuk and what he said to the Crown Prince, shook his world. "Your highness, His majesty is..no more" With wobbly legs he made his way to his father's corpse.

As he saw the lifeless body, he fell down and burst into tears. He couldn't believe this happened or maybe he didn't wanted to believe this. Just before the war started his father was there encouraging him and motivating him. Telling him that he should fight with all his might as the crown prince of Casentino and now here he is sitting in front of his dead father's lifeless body. It was like a tragedy to him.

But Minhyuk knew he can't let himself break. He has to hold himself together. He has to stay strong for his mother and his brother. And most importantly he had to stay strong for his kingdom, for his people. He can't show his weak side to his people. Of course he didn't want the Casentinians to think that their now to-be king is emotionally weak.

So he stood up from the ground, making himself ready for the responsibilities that will be put on him as the new king of Casentino.

One thing that scared Minhyuk the most was his mother's mental state after hearing about her husband, Minjun's death. But there was something that made chills run down his spine. His brother, Minho's reaction to his father's death.

Minho had always been Daddy's boy and Minhyuk's knew that. He knew how emotionally attached his younger brother was to their father. He knew the bond Minjun and his youngest son shared and he just didn't want to imagine Minho's state after hearing the news.

______________tbc______________

Take care❤