FlyErs: The Lift Off

Hey there. My name is Ace Spitfire. Yeah, weird name, huh? Actually, Spitfire isn’t my real last name. It’s my adopted last name. Before I had a last name, I was living with a bunch of kids in a run-down bareback equipment shop.

 I bet you’re wondering what a ‘bareback’ is right? Hahaha, it would be a real pleasure to tell ya. You see….. ‘Barebacks’ are mythical creatures in my world, Aurora. The creatures come in different species, types, and colors. Get it now?

Still no? Ok, I should have known that shixs didn't understand my world. Oh, shixs? It means ‘otherworlders’. Anyway, it was so hard to food and other stuff for our needs. Living in a rundown shop isn’t great since there are about 4 girls and 6 boys, including myself. It gets pretty hectic.

Oh, what’s that? You wanna hear about the ‘barebacks’ and my world? Alright, settle down. Let me start with the legend surrounding us.

Along time ago when the world was just made of lycas (Indians) and maputs (creatures), they wanted to tame the ‘barebacks’. One brave warrior named Shandi said he would take one of the feared barebacks.

Back then, Barebacks were called ‘Raptros’. Raptros’s were feared and respected maputs in the lycas world, Aurora. The Mazi, Shandi’s tribe, had already tamed Cowra’s (horses), Zotas (chickens), Motis (cows), and some Bozi (dogs) and Mofis (cats). The Raptros should have been easy too.

Shandi went up to the Raptros’s habitat all the way up to the Aurora’s mountains, Floating Rocks. They were called that, well…. Because they floated.  Many large Raptros patrolled the skies.

Shandi got up there since he found his own way up there. He used the ‘wishing statue’. It could transport, rather than wish, to any selected destination the other mate of the wishing statue was.

When Shandi reached the pit of the Raptros’s, Makuta (leader of Raptros), battled him. Some people say that Raptros look like reptilian birds. Some say they look like dragons. No one’s ever seen them in real life since they were believed to be extinct.

Guess what? I found an old tablet of their leader vs. Shandi! Don’t ask me how I got it. I… um… Let’s move on!

Its way too old to see what it is, but Shandi did win. He and Makuta bonded. Many people got some Raptros and live peacefully. That is until the Varuto (High-landers) came and attacked the world causing mass chaos.

The maputs were all furious about the situation so they called on their warrior ancestors. The warriors attacked the Varutos in anger and the battle raged on for centuries and centuries.

Yeah, original huh? Old stories about ancient Gods attacking evil doers. But, the Maputs were just defending their homeland. The Lycas were never heard from again, but Shandi lived long in the Raptros’s history for long. No ancestry bloodlines remained or so we thought. No, I won’t go into detail; you’ll just have to find out.

But you wanna hear my tale? Oh, alright. But I warn ya, it’s very life changing. It’s a tale of misfortune events of a young boy, age 20, and his little brother, age 17, and gets separated in Aurora when they were very little. Are you sure you’re wanting to hear this?

!

Hey! Don’t throw rocks at me! I’m already injured from riding Koko already?! … I said too much….. Uh, let’s begin with my daily life before I met my long lost brother, and my adventure!