Chapter 2: News

Darkness takes the world in every day’s life. The darkness sucks your energy out of you leaving nothing but an empty shell.

**************************************

Awaking in the real life

ACE!”

“Is he alright? What happened?”

“I told you a big unidentified Maput swooped down and knocked him out!”

Three or more people were in the room as a door opened to Ace’s hearing.

“The lad is alright, but that wound is very unique. Only one type of Maput could do that. I won’t go into detail, but the Bozi that saved him, he’s been badly injured.” A professional voice spoke.

Ace shifted as he sat up, groaning in pain. He put his hand on his neck, feeling a bruise. “Ow, where am I?”

“Ace! I was so worried about my future husband! How are you?” asked a high pitched voice of a woman.

‘Crap!’ Ace thought as he knew that voice anywhere. It was Maylee! “What does it look like?!” Ace growled.

Maylee was a skinny pale woman, age of 19, with black hair tied in pigtails. She had grey eyes and an annoying personality. She got struck with Cupid’s love arrow since she bumped into Ace when he was working. Might I say that Ace was currently shirtless when she bumped into him? Now, she has her eyes set on him and declares that Ace and Maylee are going to be married!

“It looks like you’re hurt.” She stated.

“Duh! Why are you here anyway?” Ace asked, opening his eyes.

“Once I heard the new, I had to see if my husband was alright!” Maylee answered, hugging Ace despite his protests.

“Oi! I’m not your husband! I’m not even dating you, and I will never consider it even if I was chosen as the next ruler of Aurora! So BACK OFF!” Ace threatened, trying to pry the jaws of death offa him! He was already sore!

“Hey, Maylee, give Ace some space. He’s had a rough time since his incident.” Marco spoke gently to her.

“No! Acey-kun is mine, and you’re just jealous since I’m the one hugging him and you’re not!” Maylee replied, sticking her tongue out.

“What?! That has nothing to do with this?!” Marco spat out flustered.

“Uh-Huh! You hate me cuz I’m marrying him and you’re not!” Maylee retorted.

“Heck no! I’m a guy and he’s a guy as well! That’s so totally wrong on so many levels! I’m straight!” Marco growled at Maylee. She crossed the line today and now Marco was going to blow a fuse.