1 | I'm back

I'm staring outside the window of the car, watching all the familiar houses I once knew when I was a kid.

"Almost there." My mom said while looking at me from the rear mirror to the back seat. I gave a slight smile.

Mom and I couldn't move back into my childhood home since another family moved in since then, I assume at least.

We pulled into the driveway, the house looked small but since it was only Mom and I living there, so it didn't matter much.

I opened the door, grabbing my bag with my personal belongings and headed towards the front door of the new house.

"It's small, but I promise we can decorate it up." Mom explained, "I know mom, it's okay." you gave a comforting smile.

I could tell Mom was struggling moving back here, the place that Dad abandoned us but I have to admit it was hard for me to come back as well.

I made my way into my new room, placing my belongs from the car on a left behind desk. I just stared outside the window for a while, then seeing a blonde girl and brown hair girl riding their bikes. The brown hair girl seemed familiar, I couldn't click from where yet.

Later that evening

I was outside, grabbing the last box to bring inside and then the same brown hair girl came riding past.

"Rue?" I spouted out. The girl on the bike stopped and looked back, and hopped off her biking walking towards me. I smelt a strong odor of type of smoke.

"Y/N, that you?" she asked, "Yeah it is, woah it's been ages." you added. Rue embraced me into a tight hug.

"Yeah man, it's been ages. Where you been?" she questioned, I explained to her what's been going on. Then inviting her into my house.

"You still living at the same place?" you asked Rue. She nodded while examining what you had in your room.

"You know, it was real boring when you left Y/N." Rue complimented. You smirked, "Hey, who was the blonde girl you were with before." you asked.

"Uh, that's my girlfriend. Jules." Rue replied, then quickly changing the subject. "Do you do drugs?" she added.

You never really messed with Drugs, but were curious about them. "No I haven't, do you." you answer. She gave me a slight smirk, clicking her tongue.

"Yeah, wanna go somewhere?" she insisted. You nod and make your way to Rues bike, hopping onto the back holding onto her waist.

We arrive at a small convenience store, I look through the window before entering seeing two boys, "What's goin' on Rue, who you bring?" one of boys ask.

"This is my good friend, Y/N." then adding "Fez, Y/N, uh Y/N Fez." she introduces. Fez reaches his hand to shake mine, "Nice meetin' you Y/N, what bring you here." while inhaling his joint then exhaling.

"Just moved back here, and catching up with Rue." you answer, "That's wassup, yo Ashtray entertain Y/N or somethin' while I handle business." while he walks towards the back with Rue.

I stood awkwardly, while I felt heavy set of eyes staring at me by Ashtray.

"Why is your name Ashtray?" you ask to make things less awkward, he didn't answer he continue to death stare me.

"Why you hangin' wit Rue, you seem more innocent." he stated, "Oh, what's that suppose to mean?" you demanded. He grabbed freshly rolled joint, a placed it on the table. "Ever smoked then?" he questioned.

I shook my head, while watching him place the joint in his mouth and light it. Inhaling then exhaling, he reaches the joint out offering me to smoke with him. I was curious and ended up trying it.

I started to cough, while exhaling the smoke out of my lungs. "Thats different." you observed, you didn't know how you felt yet.  Ashtray grabbed the joint out of my mouth, "If you don't like it, don't force yourself." he comforted. I looked into his brown eyes and just zoned out, Ashtray stood up from where he was sitting giving his phone to me.

"What your number, you seem chill." he said, you looked at him then the phone and then placing your number in his phone.

"Why you got Ash phone." Rue smirks, "He wanted my number" you added. Ashtray went red, and grabbed the phone off you. Fez and Rue eyes grew bigger in disbelief.

Rue and Fez walked outside, and I said goodbye to Ashtray and he nodded goodbye. I walked towards Fez and Rue, "You know Ash, never chill wit most people." Fez mentions.

"Must be special." Rue says while nudging me. Fez goes back into the store while I watch Ashtray staring out towards making eye contact while Rue and I ride away.

Later that night

I arrived back home, just laying staring at the ceiling.

I was nervous about my first day back at school, but also couldn't stop thinking about Ashtray. He still hasn't texted me ever since I gave him my number.