4 | Observed

I have survived two weeks of high school already, I have became good friends with all Rue friends.

I observed everyone at school, It felt like I was watching a reality show at times. I think it's interesting to watch the world pass in front of you and the stupid actions teenager can make.

I noticed Cassie changing the most, each day I saw her. Every detail with new makeup, clothes and even her personality. "What's wrong with your sister?" you asks Lexi. She hesitated on answering but replied, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, she changes her whole appearance each day like she doesn't know who she is." you say, I felt like I shouldn't be blurting this out to her sister since I don't want Cassie thinking I am being rude.

"She is probably trying to get her latest boy, to give her attention." she sighs, "Cassie craves love too much, she doesn't love herself she just won't let herself deserve better." Lexi rants. I feel like Lexi is observer as well, I notice she lives in a shadow next to Cassie.

"She is probably trying to figure who she is, as a person." you say. "Yo, can we quit this like deep talk." Rue interrupts by covering my mouth, "Yeah, yeah then let's go to class." you chuckle.

I walk into the classroom with Rue by side, I see Ashtray in the back of the classroom on his phone. "Hey." you greet while sitting next to him.

"Oh hey." he replies, "Yo, Ash you got anything on you?" she whispers. "In my locker." he says.

"Rue I don't think you should do it here." you suggested. "You should live life on the edge more Y/N." Rue scoffed.

"I rather not kill myself for temporary feelings." you spat, while storming outside the classroom, I felt all of my classmate eyes trailing me.

I was angry at Rue, I didn't want her going down this line. I can't control her either, I just wanted my friend not to die. Anger lead to sadness, I tried to hold back tears but I couldn't. I felt someone behind me tap my shoulder, turning around quickly to see Ashtray.

"You alright." Ashtray asks, "No, Rue is just frustrating me." you rant, "I can tell, I won't sell her nothin' no more." he declared. "Why not, it's business for you." you shrugged, "I care bout you, and it stressin' you out I don't want that Y/N." he admitted.

You didn't reply, you just embraced him into a hug, we both just stood there for a while not letting go. It felt comforting, Ashtray was really good person deep down.

Ashtray stood and looked at my eyes while wiping away my tears on my cheek. "Come on, we can get through this day together." Ashtrays reassured while putting his arm around my shoulder leading me back into the classroom.

Home

Later that night, I received a call from Maddy about her party.

Maddy's birthday was coming up soon enough, I was invited to celebrate at Cassie's house. Rue previously told me that Maddy wasn't close with her parents, and that Cassie family was more family to her than her own.

I hear the front door shut, hearing two voices. I quickly rush down towards the front area to see Rue's mother.

"Y/N, is that you!" Leslie smiles, "Wow! you've grown up so much." she adds. "It's nice to see you again, Miss Bennett." you greet. "Oh please Y/N, don't be silly call me Leslie." Leslie insisted. My mom brang over two glasses of wine, "You know Gia been asking to see you too. You should pop over at our house next time."

I haven't seen Gia since I moved, she was just few years younger than Rue and I. "Yeah, I will." you answer.

I went back into my bedroom, while my mom and Leslie chatted for a while.

*Buzz*

ASHTRAY : Hey, you coming to Maddy party next week?

ME : Yeah. I didn't know you were close with Maddy.

ASHTRAY : I ain't, Fez was invited and told me to go with him.

ME : Lol. So you are party crashing?

ASHTRAY : I don't think she would care.

ASHTRAY : How do you feel after today?

ME : Still upset, Rue is just going down a bad path.

ASHTRAY : I know, she's been like this for years even before you moved back. After her dad passed.

ME : I wish I was there for her, maybe I could of changed things.

ASHTRAY : Don't blame yourself, she choices her own actions.

ME : Yeah. Thanks for talking to me Ash, I'm going to bed now. I will see you tomorrow😊

ASHTRAY : I'm always here, I will see you tomorrow Y/N. Sweet dreams😉

Ashtray made me feel happy inside, couldn't explain this feeling. I just know I haven't felt this way towards someone, I don't know what I feel but i'm still figuring it out.