EROS AND PSYCHE 3

PRESENT

PSYCHE'S POV

I was simply dressed in a plain gown embroidered with blue silk same as everyone present, very joyous for the upcoming event, dressed in their best clothes with hope shining in their irises. Moreover, beyond this excitement, it was a rare chance for many people who have not found their mate for a long time and have almost lost hope.

Some even thought that their mate have been killed by now because they were unable to find their other half. The Alpha has been very kind to other people and I don't know what was the reason with my father that he never allowed me to visit the packhouse.

Instead, we have lived in a far home located almost 200 miles away from the common place maybe my eccentric dreams have been the reason.I had many visions in which I was walking close to the moon goddess but her face was not visible, I have never seen her... never even went to a temple dedicated to her.

Once a great sage came to the blue moon pack and prophesied that one day I was going to live with gods, this was not the place I belong to, that is I have to leave the mortal realm because it was not made for me. He said what waited for me was great pleasures, happiness, and comfort because I have suffered enough and now was the time the universal shall repay all that it has taken for me.

I never paid much attention to the sage nor to whatever he has said because for me I did not crave anything else. What would one ask for if they have the best of both worlds... my parents were so good to me and my sister was so my best friend.

Apart from me my father also paid attention to whatever was said that I would do in the future but instead of appreciation that the seer has thought that he would get, my father told him off as a swindler.

"All the Pack members present welcome to the blue moon ceremony. I, Alpha Thomas is delighted to see you all present here. All the mates that are being found will be registered tonight but the ones that we are unable to find their other halves unfortunately would have to go back.

Let the ball begin.

My lips were trembling when the Blue Moon Alpha announced yesterday that today will be the great Mating Ball. I was just seventeen and now it was made essential for every person of my age to attend.

Even the fairy lights and decorative vases filled with fresh flowers could not divulge me from feeling fear yet an excitement beyond comprehension.

I sat there for an hour, watching some sad faces like mine but then there were people that were very happy dancing and mingling in the arms of the other half swing slightly with the melodious piano music.

And here I was all along among so many.

Where are you my matewhere are you.

A premonition surrounded my heart, was it alright to say that I was a failure in finding out the whereabouts of my soul where everyone other was already rejoicing in meeting theirs.

It was a sad melancholic feeling but I need not be depressed as always said by my father one day I was going to meet him and that it would be the best day of my life.

Maybe it was not today-

What was that..that heavenly musky scent?

The only thing that I could comprehend was an aroma so deep and rich that I was attracted to it with abandon. I was sitting one moment and the very other I was going out in search of something that stirred my soul such that words were not enough to convey.

The rustling leaves with the cool breeze of fall, serene wind now blowing heavily indicated that a thunderstorm was going to be there soon.

There was darkness of the inky onyx night all around me and yet I was not afraid at that particular moment, my heart was at peace there was nothing that I could feel at the moment not a single fear in the world surpassed my heart, I felt safe ,protected. It was almost comical how I described matebond to others.

A feeling that you cannot suppress and yet cannot retain. It makes you mad and somewhat crazy because you only see your mate and nothing else. Not even the best things in the world.

Hello my love.

_______________________________________________________

And now ironic it was that she herself would fall to the charms that s created in her previous lifetime for the one destined solely for her one day. There was so much going inside her but as soon as she saw the person whose scent had led her here she could not help but stagger back, his deep voice flowing into her ears like honey.

There he was, standing right in front of her home observing her with the brightest electric cerulean eyes she had ever seen.

Who..Who are you? Psyche asked shyly making the man smile at her before his eyes looked at her seductively.

I am Eros.

They looked at one another in a long heated stare intensely as if the electricity produced ambers and sparks

For Psyche, Eros looked like a dream, lean yet muscular..he was the most magnificent man she had ever seen, those electrifying cyan eyes were so blue, the most vibrant of the colors was what comprised of those irises that they even shone in dark like blue emeralds. His aroma was mouthwatering, sweet like thousands of roses were rubbed all over him.

The violet shirt that he wore did nothing but showed the difference between their heights. She came to his shoulders, she was so small compared to him and he with his golden hair was much more.even in her dreams she had never imagined that her mate would be so

On the other hand Eros was indecisive, kind of unsure if he was seeing alright. This was the girl he saw all those years ago?

He inhaled deeply and a frown was soon etched upon his face.

You are Pscyche..my mate? The girl who was just observing him was stumped when the question was asked abruptly.

Is thereyou dont like me? The girl with golden hair was afraid and asked Eros timidly. Psyche had never seen rejection, never known what was it to be not loved so her heart remained sensitive to people liking her but then this was the person her whole life was based upon, the other half of her soul so how can she not seek his acceptance.

No no, that is not the thing. Eros circled her as if she was some sort of prey.

Hair is more beautiful than sunrays, eyes are prettier than lotus and you smell so heavenly, say pretty angel have you fallen from the skies?

The eyes that were wide with apprehension previously relaxed and filled with joy as Psyche giggled.

I think not. She shyly said lowering her eyes as the long eyelashes trembled slightly.

Oh my precious mate, I think yes.

Eros put forward his palm as if asking Psyche to take his hand. As soon as the girl hesitantly touched him, a soft gasp left her plump lips while Eross eyes widened.

You are born to burn me from desire and love arent you? This man was too adorable to be true. He wasnt like those brooding Alpha males who did not know a thing about being gentle and calm to a woman but rather joked and smiled every ten seconds making Psyches heart beat frantically and breathing get erratic, wasnt he aware that he looked beyond otherworldly once he smiled.

And lord when he showed those dimples of hisPsyches face flushed scarlet with the effect he had on her.

She instead started to interrogate him in hopes to stop those embarrassing thoughts entering her head again.

Why are you in woods at night?

I was just taking a walk and strolling across.

Psyche looked at Eros for a moment and her eyes widen when she thought about something.

W-What is your occupation?

Eros was startled for a moment listening to the question before realization dawned on him that why she asked and couldnt help but laugh.

My sweet Psyche, my job is not to hunt. I am no demon or something.rest about my job erm- you can say it is a bit complicated When he saw suspicion in those blue irises he grinned.

Say my job involves flowers and sometimes music, good scent is also important.