Chapter 4

-RECAP-

"Goodnight Damon." I whispered softly. But he was already asleep, so I pecked him on the forehead, and fell asleep. 

~~Damon's Pov~~

I woke up with Elena by my side. She was asleep. Or so I thought, because she turned around with vamp speed, and threw herself on top of me giving me a quick kiss.

"Good morning sleepy head!" She said happily.

"Good morning princess!" I replied with an honest smile. Her phone buzzed. She was looking at the text for a good two minutes. And then she finally spoke up.

"It's Matt, he wants us to meet him in the grill. It's Stefan. He somehow escaped overnight and we didn't hear it." She said still looking at the phone, so I took it and put it on my night stand. 

"Damon, give it back!" 

"I'd rather not." I said with a cheeky smirk.

"Fine keep it but you've been warned!" She said, mocking the Lorax.

"I'll keep that in mind." I said pecking her cheek and then getting up. She got up right after me. 

She realized that I was walking to the shower so she vamp sped into the bathroom and locked the door.

"That's one of the consequences, now go make me breakfast!" She laughed and turned on the water.

I went downstairs to make breakfast and there was the face I never wished to see again.

"Klaus, what the hell are you doing here?" I said through gritted teeth.

"Oh no, don't worry Damon. I'm here to help you get Stefan back." In that moment Elena came walking down the stairs, in her birthday suit, oh no.

"Good morning, love." Klaus said not to breaking eye contact with Elena.

Elena awkwardly vamp sped into my bedroom.

"Why do you want to help?" I asked Klaus bringing us back to topic.

"Well, I owe it to you, don't I?" He said trying to sound believable, which didn't work.

"Now the real reason please?" I asked.

"I'm trying the good guy thing. I'm trying to..get the girl." Ooo this is the perfect opportunity to tease him!

"That being?" I knew it was Caroline.