Chapter 24: Stars

"Dancing under the starlight; your stars aligned with mine and smiles on our faces

"Dancing under the starlight; your stars aligned with mine and smiles on our faces." 

-----

"Hey, where are we going?" Felix asked, confounded, as Chaeri held his hand delicately and lead him towards their dormitory's building. He almost doubted what she had in mind, but decided to talk less and just follow her footsteps, his hand in her soft ones and her hair blowing behind her -- locks of them barely caressing his face due to the wind blowing loudly. 

The two silently ascended the stairs, and even though he almost stopped on the floor their rooms were on, she shook her head and dragged him upwards.

Chaeri inwardly panicked; she was going to show this boy -- this sweet, kind boy -- a part of her heart. The key to her soul, that rooftop she went to every night, and cried about her problems or even smiled for having met Felix. She was about to introduce him to that place so dear to her, and it somehow raised anxiety in her. 

"The roof?" she heard him ask, and she looked around; she had unknowingly dragged him up the stairs with her. 

And finally, there they were, on the much-desired roof.

Felix's eyes glimmered just like his freckles — glowing under the starlit sky, reflections of the stars imprinted on his wide eyes, mouth slightly agape as he admired the beauty of this newfound sight.

Chaeri's lips curved into a smile, and she watched Felix get excited at the very moment, eagerly watching the sky and grin like a child.

Gosh, she was so down for him.

She blinked, and snapping herself out of the trance she had gotten herself into by looking at him, she tapped his shoulder and motioned him to sit down on the roof. And as they did, their heads directed upwards, the beauty of the night sky never really weakened with the passing moments.

Felix turned his head towards her, and saw her mumbling something to the sky, her eyes on the stars and nowhere else.

What could she be thinking? — he thought to himself, watching her as she broke out into a small smile; and suddenly, those stars couldn't match the beauty she emitted.

"Chaeri..." he spoke in Korean, "What are you saying?"

She looked at him, and then brought out her notepad to pen down her thoughts, but as she did, he grabbed her hand.

She looked at him questioningly, and he continued, "I don't want this notepad anymore. I want to understand you without it."

Chaeri motioned: through sign language?

"No... Something much, much deeper," he breathed, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear on a windy night. 

She told him through her hand motions: how?

Felix's fingers, previously tucking her hair out of her face, now crawled down to her cheek, rubbing gently on the side. His thumb reached down to her chin; with their eyes locked and their breaths coming short, both of them knew that they were yearning for this moment for a while, now.

Chaeri moved closer to him, her eyes closing shut as she slowly, painfully slowly did. Felix's hand cupped her face carefully, as if she was a breakable doll, as his face inched closer to hers.

And right there, with fluttering butterflies in their stomachs and fragile, trembling hands, their lips touched, and their galaxies mingled with each others'. 

Lips moving in sync and hands finally regaining life, the kiss was gentle and soft, as if it was a reassurance — a promise to protect one another and to love endlessly.

As the kiss broke, the two panted for air, the kiss having been intensely meaningful yet soft. A light blush covered their faces, dusting pink over their cheeks, and eyes, dazed.

"I really, really like you, Chaeri," Felix managed to speak, avoiding his flustered condition.

She smiled uncontrollably, and motioned: me too. I've been dying for this moment to happen!

Felix chuckled, "Fair enough!"

His hand crept onto Chaeri's, which was now resting on the floor of the roof. She noticed it, and giggled soundlessly to herself, letting him keep his tiny, soft hand over hers.

Under the cover of the twinkling stars, with his eyes shining with untold emotions, just now unleashed, she basked in the glory of the moment.

If that moment could last forever, she would never wish for it to end.

(a/n: AHHHHH IT HAPPENED!!! AHHHHHHHDNSHDNDHDJDHDJD-

okay why am I fangirling over this-

BUT!! Did you like ittt? Please leave comments!! :]

Thanks for reading! I love you!)