Chapter 27: The Closure

"The moon shines down on us; the stars hiding behind them — like the sparkles when you smile

"The moon shines down on us; the stars hiding behind them — like the sparkles when you smile."

-----

Chaeri followed Samyraa like a puppy, as the latter walked swiftly to her dormitory room. Samyraa silently unlocked the door and turned on the light, waiting for Chaeri to enter. As the two girls entered, Samyraa spoke, "Grab those sheets; that's the reference material." 

Chaeri zealously nodded, walking over to the study table to collect the sheets, which were sprawled across the table, and arranging them in order. Meanwhile, Samyraa packed the stationery and tossed the pens in a bag. Chaeri noticed that she was leaving out a packet of sheets, so she scrambled up to her with the packet, and tapped on her shoulder from behind. 

"Hm?" Samyraa turned around, and Chaeri smiled widely like a kid, pointing at the packet in her hand.

The Indian girl looked at the sheets, and then back at Chaeri, who had an ear-to-ear grin. That grin proved to be contagious, because she displayed a small smile back to her. 

"Let's go?" 

Chaeri nodded. 

Samyraa locked the room, walking out of the chamber and slinging the back across her shoulders. As Chaeri got ready to walk back to the other dorm room, she spoke, "Hey, Chaeri?" 

She turned around, and Samyraa leaned against the railing of the stairs, providing them a view of the sky and the twinkling stars from above, thanks to the little opening of the roof. She then spoke, "I wanted to talk to you." 

Chaeri tensed up; she hadn't carried her notepad with her. Plus, she was a little intimidated by Samyraa, if she was honest. The other girl, sensing her timidness, chuckled and spoke, "Don't worry; I don't bite. I just wanted to talk about you and Felix." 

Chaeri nervously stood next to her, placing her hands on the railing, and tried her best to think up of an idea to convey the message to her that she wasn't carrying her notepad. Making Samyraa look at her, she tried to tell her the same through sign language, not expecting her to understand the language. 

"Oh, you don't need the notepad. I can understand sign language," she smiled at her, "My cousin has the same issue, so I can understand." 

That was something new that Chaeri had learned about her; she grinned back. 

Samyraa tightened her lips, and then looked at the sky again, saying, "What do I lack, Chaeri?" 

Chaeri didn't understand it, so Samyraa continued, "Don't take this the wrong way, but... why is it that I'm never anyone's first choice?" 

She motioned with her hands: You don't lack anything! You're pretty, you're smart, and you're a strong person. 

"It doesn't seem like that to me," Samyraa sighed, "No matter how hard I try to prove myself to be worth everyone's expectations, I'm never the first choice." 

Chaeri kept a hand on her shoulder, turning her to face her: Listen, you don't need to prove yourself to anyone. You need to be worth something in your eyes, not others'. And I understand you when you say that you're no one's first choice. I'm not even anyone's last choice either. 

"But Felix chose you over me, didn't he?" 

Chaeri paused. Was this the reason why she had decided to have a chat with her all of a sudden? 

Seeing her halt, Samyraa sighed, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as rude. It's just... I just wanted to know what his type was. I'm giving up on him, but I needed closure." 

Chaeri recovered from her initial shock, and then aggressively motioned: We are two different people. And you don't need to be someone's type! You aren't a product that would be chosen based on your qualities. You are your own person, and that's your superpower. And I seriously think you're so cool! 

Samyraa grinned, "You think I'm cool?" 

The other girl enthusiastically nodded, and Sam continued, "Thanks... that feels good to hear." 

Chaeri warmly grinned, and motioned again: You don't need to feel bad over him. Nothing I would say will help, I know, but you can still be the best version of yourself. Be the person who stands out for her strength and uniqueness, because that's who you are. 

Samyraa chuckled, "Now I see why he chose you. You're really kind; thanks, Chae." 

Chae? She giggled, feeling all fuzzy inside because of the sudden nickname. Samyraa slung an arm around her shoulders, and casually spoke, "Let's go back, shall we?" 

(a/n: halfway through, I was shipping Chaeri with Samyraa. i wrote some dialogues between them but then I was like nope that's fruity and iM NOT SHIPPING THE TWO GIRLS IN THIS FANFIC IT'S FELIX X CHAE NOT SAM X CHAE 

But sam x chae be looking really good rn- 

oof. 

did you like thissss? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)