Chapter 1

The avengers were on a mission, taking down yet another HYDRA base, just like they have been since SHIELD collapsed. The teams were always the same. Nat and Clint, Cap and Bucky (and Thor if he was on Earth), Mia and Bruce pretty much everywhere, and Tony in the air. However, this base was different. It had an energy shield around it

"Loki's scepter has to be here," they all thought as they fought.

"It must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last," Thor said over the comms as he held out his hand for Mjolnir, stepping out of the way in the last second, making the hammer take down some of HYDRA's agents.

The youngest Avenger threw a grenade in one of the bunkers and dodged a few bullets, redirecting them to the bunkers they came from with her purple tendrils of magic, as she said, "At long last is lasting a little long, boys. I thought you were supposed to be the best, like real pros."

"Awh... You hurt my feelings, purple," Tony said in a mocking tone as he flew around the base. "She's definitely your kid, Romanoff."

Clint took cover behind a tree, waited for a second before releasing an explosive arrow towards a bunker, then took cover again. However, there wasn't an explosion which resulted in his face contouring with confusion. So he released another one, but didn't take cover this time. The archer saw a bolt of blue energy rushing towards the arrow.

A man stopped right in front of it and caught it. "You didn't see that coming?" he asked with a thick accent before bolting off.

This left the older man even more puzzled. He drew a regular arrow, looking around for the individual. "We have an enhanced in the field."

Barton was too focused on finding the enhanced to notice being shot at from a bunker and got hit, falling to the snow-covered ground. Yes. Even the Hawkeye doesn't see everything.

"CLINT!" his best friend exclaimed and rushed to his side, quickly trying to take care of the wound. The redhead shot a death stare to the bunker before saying, "Can someone take care of that bunker?" In an instant, the Hulk smashed that bunker. "Thank you."

"Tony, try to get in the base!" Steve said over the comms as he and the God of thunder fought side by side.

The billionaire rolled his eyes even though nobody could see it. "What do you think I've been trying to do, Capsicle? I'm closing in."

The bolt of blue kept messing with the teenager, he even managed to dodge her widow bites, so she pushed herself off the ground and was in the air in a matter of seconds, getting a better view. Another shot was fired towards the pair of assassins, but it was quickly turned around by a mist of purple. A thick Russian accent was heard, "This is not cool, guys. We don't shoot at fallen soldiers." She thought for a second before continuing, "Brace yourself."

The widow headed straight for the ground and, with her landing, she caused an earthquake. Now all of the agents were on the ground and all of the bunkers were destroyed.

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We need to evac," declared the older Russian.

"Not that I don't appreciate it, lady Mia, but couldn't you have done that sooner?" asked the God.

"Poslushay, molotok mal'chik..." They didn't have to speak Russian to know it wasn't good.

Stark spoke up before she could say anything else. "I'm in." He shot down a few men before getting to Loki's scepter. He took off his helmet, the whole suit opening enough for him to step out, and commanded the AI, "Sentry mode." He looked around for a second before starting to get all the information he could from HYDRA. "I know you're hiding more than files. JARVIS, give me a room scan."