Chapter 5

The quinjet was completely silent except for the buzz of the engine and the light whisper of Tony on a phone call at the front. Diana sat there, partially terrified, partially relieved, and partially in awe. She too sat in complete silence, while looking around at the high-tech jet. She stared at the older teen, more curious about her by the second. The little witch wasn't the greatest with her powers, however, she couldn't read Mia's mind no matter how hard she tried.

"Is your back okay?" The brunette asked, quietly.

The small redhead turned around, surprised to hear the enhanced speak. "Oh... it's fine," she assured the younger girl.

Diana's face contoured with concern. "It's bleeding. Do you want me to fix it up?" Mia hesitated to answer, she really didn't need the help and she was still a little hesitant on trusting the smaller girl. "You don't want it getting infected," the witch pointed out after a moment of seeing her hesitation.

The widow agreed reluctantly, seeing as Diana had a point. She unzipped the top of her suit – well what was left of the zipper anyway, Tony was going to need to fix that – pulled sleeves off, and the front of it down. She tied the sleeves around her waist so the rest of it was secure, leaving her in what was basically pants and a sports bra. Diana saw the large cut mark on her back and inhaled sharply. It was completely surrounded in blood, as it hadn't been taken care of yet. "That bad?" Mia asked, hearing the other girl's reaction.

"It's not good, that's for sure," she muttered, earning a silent chuckle out of Mia, which she didn't know happened. "Where's the first aid kit?"

The redhead pointed to a drawer not far from them. Diana walked over there to grab it and saw a couple of the other Avengers watching her. She decided to ignore it for now and focus on Mia.

She took a damp towel and cleaned around the cut, getting as much of the blood off the older girl's back as possible. When it came time to actually clean the cut and bandage it, the widow's back tightened the second something touched it. "You okay?" Diana asked hesitantly, not wanting to hurt her more.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Which was half true. Mia obviously had a high pain tolerance, yet it did hurt a little. She wasn't going to tell that to Diana though.

While the teenagers were dealing with Mia's back, Bucky was completely distracted. That was until he wasn't, and noticed his daughter standing there in just a sports bra. He went full overprotective dad mode, especially with the kid he still didn't trust yet being the one fixing it. Walking over to the girls, he took his vest off and put it on Mia, giving Diana a light glare in the process. Mia stuck her hands in the pockets – completely oblivious to the look her father just gave Diana – and whispered, "Pockets~", excitedly.

"Where'd that come from?" Bucky asked.

Mia looked up to him for the first time on the jet, "Green Guy."

The brunette didn't change a bit on the outside but internally panicked under the former HYDRA experiment's gaze. Obviously, she knew who he was, having been born into HYDRA you heard a LOT about the Winter Soldier.

The little witch finished patching up the redhead's back with Bucky still watching. "You're done," she said in a low voice, which would've sounded threatening to a normal person.

"Thanks." Mia handed the vest to her dad, put her suit on properly, then took the vest back.

"Where are we?" Diana asked, looking out a window.

"We're heading to a safe house," Tony said to the voice he didn't recognize.

Mia smirked and looked at Clint, hoping they were going where she thought they were. Clint just turned and gave her a nod, smiling lightly, before turning back. She walked up to the cockpit, causing Tony and Clint to face her.