00 | prologue.

—————————— 🗞 ——————————

THEY SAW EACH OTHER from across the room. A single glance where brown eyes met green ones. That moment would eventually lead to so much more than either could have ever imagined.

She was sitting on the couch, surrounded by her friends as she tuned out their laughter. He was standing against a wall, leaning back with a beer bottle in his grip.

Analis Vitali and Emanuel Diaz. Two entirely different people, a completely unexpected couple, yet it seemed to make such perfect sense.

They held eye contact, neither of them willing to look away. The moment was probably a mere 15 seconds, but it felt like hours. Even with the music and noise surrounding them, both could hear the excruciating silence.

She made the first move. She rose from her spot on the couch and made her way in the direction of the kitchen. Not once did she look away from him.

They both knew what game they were playing, though neither knew what it would eventually cost.

He followed after her, gently pushing through the crowd of college students. As she made her way through the people, around the kitchen island, and down the packed hallway, she felt him not too far behind.

She found herself placed against the wall of the closed, thin space, patiently waiting for whom she knew was coming.

Soon enough, she felt the warmth of his tall figure pressing against hers. His hot breath fanning down onto her neck. His knee shifting in between her legs. She felt everything.

A sultry smile formed on her lips. "Hey."

His mouth formed a smirk before he dove down, connected their lips, and closed the open space.