Chapter 3 - 104th Cadet Corps

Year 847

Wall Rose South District

Y/N POV

??? "Listen up maggots! The training of the 104th Cadet Corps has officially begun!"

The others and I had been split up upon arrival at the camp. I could see Armin in the front row, while Eren and Mikasa were in the second row. I was right behind them, next to a tall guy with short blond hair and a shorter girl, also with blond hair tied in a bun. 

??? "I am Keith Shadis, and I had the misfortune to be assigned to train you, bastards! And I'm not here to welcome you at all! Right now, you're mere cattle, fit for nothing but Titan food! No, less than cattle! In three years, we'll take you worthless pieces of crap and train you! Give you the means to fight the Titans! In three years, when you stand before a Titan, will you still be food?! Or will you be a noble wall, shielding the king?! Or perhaps, one of humanity's glorious soldiers that slay Titans?! You will decide!"

He then begins going down the line and degrading every soldier that he saw in the line. He stopped in front of Armin.

Shadis "You there! What's your name?!"

Armin "Armin Arlert! From Shiganshina!"

Shadis "Yeah? That's a retarded name! Did your parents give you that?!"

Armin "My grandfather sir!"

Shadis "Arlert, what are you doing here?!"

Armin "To aid in humanity's victory, sir!"

Shadis "That is wonderful to hear... you will do great as titan food! Row 3 face!"

Y/N 'Why say that to the people you're supposed to be training?'

He continued down the next line doing the same as he did to Armin, some people got a bit better treatment, and some got much worse. Something odd however was that he was skipping over certain people. Such as Eren and Mikasa. He got to my row and stopped in front of me.

Shadis "What's your name cadet?!"

Y/N "Y/N Tsugikuni, from Wall Maria South District, Sir!" For a moment, I could almost see a glint of surprise in his eyes. But his body didn't falter, continuing with the berating.

Shadis "Tsugikuni, what is your reason for being here!?"

Y/N "To protect my loved ones from the titans!"

Shadis "Well then, let's hope that you don't go back to them as a piece of bloodied cloth!" He then moves down the line picking on somebody else. I looked to see Shadis yelling at a taller guy with brown hair. His face almost looks horse-like.

Shadis "What's your name!?"

Jean "Jean Kirschstein, From Trost!"

Shadis "What are you here for?!"

Jean "To join the military police and live deep within the walls!"

Shadis "I see... you want access to the interior huh?"

Jean "Yes!"

Suddenly, Shadis headbutts Jean, causing him to fall while holding his head. We all winced at the strike.

Shadis "Who said you could sit!? If you can't handle this then you'll never make it to the military police." He then moved down the line, asking more people why they wanted to be there. Most were pretty generic, like wanting to kill all the titans or something along those lines. But a few were pretty interesting. Like wanting to help improve the defenses of the walls or becoming a doctor to help reduce casualties on scouting missions. As he was correcting someone's salute rather violently, there was a loud crunch that stopped everything. We all looked over to see a girl with brown hair in a ponytail, eating a steamed potato, utterly oblivious to where she was right now.