Chapter 4 - Graduation

Year 849

Wall Rose South District

Third POV

Deep in the rainy forest of the southern Wall Rose, we see a boot stomp into a pile of mud. More boots follow it in quick succession. The boots are all being followed by a horse hoof. Riding the horse we see Instructor Shadis yelling at the cadets running.

Shadis "You're slow! Run, you shitheads!"

A familiar blonde, Armin Arlert is falling behind the group.

Shadis "What's wrong Arlert! You're falling behind! Is this too hard for you?! Do you want to be the only one who puts down his equipment?!"

Shadis then speeds ahead, leaving Armin falling further behind. Suddenly Armin's bag is lifted off his shoulder. Looking, he sees Reiner taking the bag from him.

Reiner "You'll end up dropping out this way! We're being downgraded on today's training!"

Armin "But now they are going to punish you too!"

Reiner "Then do your best and they won't find out! Now don't make me change my mind!"

We see Shadis looking back at the two, seemingly taking mental notes on everyone.

Shadis 'Reiner Braun. He possesses excellent mental and physical fortitude. His comrades trust him deeply.'

We see Armin rush forward ahead of the group, his bag back on his back now.

Shadis 'Armin Arlert. While he lacks in physical strength, he makes up for it with extraordinary academic aptitude.'

The rain has stopped now and we see the cadets now flying through the air at quick speeds, slicing at the napes of dummy titans. A blonde female quickly cuts the nape of one with ease.

Shadis 'Annie Leonhart. While her fighting skills are outstanding, she doesn't work well with others. A lone wolf so to speak.' A taller male rushes past her. 'Bertolt Hoover. He is highly talented, but he lacks initiative.' A male with a horse-like face is expertly swinging around the forest looking for a dummy. 'Jean Kirstein. His 3D control skills are top class, but his overtly blunt personality causes friction.'

Finally finding a dummy, Jean goes to cut it but Connie rushes in front of him.

Connie "Thanks, Jean! I knew to follow you!"

But before either could "kill" the dummy, Sasha swings in and steals it from the both of them.

Sasha "HAHAHA! I did it!" She has a large smile before swinging off, looking for more dummy titans.

Shadis 'Sasha Blouse. She's talented at operating unconventionally, but that mentality makes her unfit for organized activity.' Connie follows her, angry she took his kill that he rightfully stole. 'Connie Springer. He's skilled at making sharp turns, but his mind is nowhere near sharp enough.'

More dummy titans are raised from the ground as the cadets draw near. Eren slices very shallowly into the nape of a titan, followed by Mikasa who finishes the job.

Eren 'Shit! I still didn't cut deep enough.'

Shadis 'Mikasa Ackerman. Her performance is exemplary in every subject. She is truly a genius of historically-unprecedented significance.' Eren continues forward but finds all the dummies ahead already cut. A long-haired male skillfully sliced all titans around him. 'Eren Yeager. While he lacks any outstanding talents, he improved his grades through outstanding diligence. In addition, he possesses an exceptional sense of purpose.'