PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE
CRIMES OCCURRING AT THE PLACE OF WORSHIP.

Rosewood Parish church was one of the most famous churches in the Philippines way back due to its richness and the astonishing sense of restoring civility and responsibility to the everyday life of worshippers. Rosewood has been the most visited church around the country despite the difficult location of the place. It was declared as the sacred place to propagandise the divine morality by reflecting human life and dramatically recognising the dignity of every individual to strengthen their faiths.

        But there was always more than meets the eye and people failed to see what was behind the door.

        Jorge Wilston was convicted of several crimes of murder, rape, and drug use. It was a life sentence conviction and he had nowhere to go except to an old friend whom he had betrayed in their past friendship, Dhimitër Rahavij.

        Dhimitër was a well-respected man, feared by many and known as the number one operator of crime and violence with his organisation, The IV, that consists of four large crime families: Shqiptare, Bratva, Yakuza, and Cosa Nostra. He accepted Jorge's offer to work under his palm in exchange for the church's amelioration and a clean name not just for the records but also for him as his old friend.

        He accepted Jorge into their lives and let him repay what he did by obeying their organisation's whims. Jorge became Dhimitër's right-hand for almost everything, he was trusted with The IV'S sacred luxuries.

        Jorge endured being a minion, but he planned that once the contract ended, he'd go back to his old objective—he couldn't just let go of Rosewood since it was his father's only bequest and he liked the idea of people following his malicious deeds; to him it felt as if he was being worshipped. But upon seeing how respected and feared Dhimitër was, his appetency bent. He wanted power, he wanted that superiority.

        Jorge started to question if mending their friendship was worth it. He didn't think that Dhimitër's intention in helping was genuine, sa halip inisip niyang naghihiganti lamang ito. His jealousy fueled into madness—more when Dhimitër married the woman Jorge was all about, Junya Villamor. It was supposed to be him living that life. He should be the one who was feared, wealthy, powerful, and who got Junya in his life.

        It took him one night to fulfill his malevolence. Blinded by his id and overdriven by greediness, not even remorse visited after he saw the blood of his dead friend and the woman he loved but mercy had spared Jorge from touching the lads that were the heir to Albanians.

        Upon feeling the happiness of what he committed, he did the only thing he thought was right: to escape with the wealth he stole and continue to destroy whatever goes against his wicked ways.

        He was gone hiding for a long time, but The IV was sure a patient seeker.