Chapter 31 : Candy

Martial looked at the man sitting across him, leisurely sipping his tea as if he owned the place. If one wasn't familiar with them, one would think China owned his house and he was the subordinate.

It pisses him off so much just by thinking about it.

“Your visit is truly unexpected, what seems to be the problem, China?”

China, dressed in formal attire with a bouquet of Chinese rose besides him, placed his tea down and announced. “I'm here to ask for philia's hand in marriage.”

“No, get out.”

“Think about it martial, you'll get endless benefits when me and philia get married.”

Martial crossed his legs and arms, he tried to release superiority as much as possible as the current master of the house, “Oh? and what is it?”

China smiled, “What I have will be yours. Though it has to be split in half, because between married people, they get what's half from the other.”

Martial gritted his teeth, “You speak as if you're already married.” This bastard...

China was surprised for a second and coughed awkwardly, “Saying it like that, now I can't help but fantasize.” he said, a tinge of pink appearing on his cheek.

Martial, “…” damn it... If he wasn't a master, he would've long shot him. He sighed and massage his temple, “What makes you think you can marry my sister when I even refused Japan's offer?”

China laughed. He wave a maid over, gave the bouquet of Chinese roses then explained how to take care of it and telling them to put it in the vase that he had deliver last week and had it place in philia's room.

Martial watch him order his own people before the Chinese turn to him, he replied, “Japan isn't okay in the head, so it was the right decision for you to refuse him.”

“My sister is allergic to roses.”

“She's allergic to sampaguita— anyways, I commend your rational thinking.”

Martial, “…”

China waited for his response by taking another sip of his tea. “So? Will you accept?”

“No, get out.”

China sighed half dejectedly and half helplessly as though he was not facing a master but an unreasonable brat who would not obey.

“Aiyah, courting sure isn't easy.” he sighed.

Martial raised a brow, “You think you can get whatever you want without having to put on any effort?”

China looked at him, his heterochromatic eyes narrowed slightly, “If I did I would've long abducted her, chain her, and cage her for myself. Alas, I'm into her that I can't bare to do it, thus, I'm putting all of my effort.” he explained, “And even if I did do it, I can't detain her forever. Her fighting spirit and skills is enough to knock down an army.”

Martial sneered and leaned on his seat, “Do you love her?”

This time, China wasn't able to reply. The tea that he was just about drink halted, his lips just pressing on the rim of the cup.

Does he love her?

He doesn't dislike her, he really likes her. Recalling that time she stabbed him, fighting him with the eyes that didn't look weak nor inexperienced in fighting— in fact, he thought philia might've been a pro when it comes to killing.

But does he love her?

Is love like how Japan go crazy for her? Would die for her? Would ignore common sense and sensibility for her?

Or is it like America? Just craving for her, feeling complete when physically connected?

For the first time, China was contemplating.

Had he told her he loved her? No...

He might've just told her he fell in love with her... But is it love?

Seeing the look of confusion on his face, Martial smiled mockingly. He stood up from his seat, fixed his suit and cuff before he turned to his heel, “Give China the best hospitality you can give.” he ordered. Manila bowed and stayed behind.

China looked at the man leaving the room and his reflection on the clear tea from the cup. Furrowing his eyebrows, he looked outside the window. The clear blue sky and scattered clouds. It reminded him of that youths hair.

He likes philia... But not to the point that he's ready to say he loves her.

...

America sat languidly on his chair, wiping the flute with care, making sure to clean the corner and even the holes. He sprayed some disinfectant and wiped it again till it shone and showed his reflection from the smooth and dark surface.

He smiled contently.

He places the half of the flute and picked up the other one where the mouth piece is. As he was about to wipe it, he remembered how philia placed her pink lips and blew on it.

He swallowed hard, looking at the flute piece on his hand.

The hell? It was just that anyways, why's he nervous?

They did do more than just kissing before so why is he even hesitating as though he's about to commit something bad?

Much to his inner turmoil, the hand holding the flute piece drew closer and closer...

Chu~

AHHHHH!!!!!!! what the hell!?!? Why'd he do that?!

America silently scolded himself. He placed the flute piece down and faced the wall, punishing himself. He would rock back and forth, hitting his forehead against the concrete wall.

United States of America... You lowlife.

He sighed. Burying his face on his hands, his mind began to flash the scenes of when he and philia did it.

Then, he looked down and saw an energetic little America bulging from his pants.

Fuck...

He looked back to his unconscious brother and felt extremely guilty.

AHHHHH!!!! He's probably just sexually frustrated!

America took out his phone, and dialed a number.

“Are you free babe?” he said. Though his words were sweet, his expression was bitter.

After talking for a while, he puts it down, took his coat and left the room.

The place was quiet with only the monitor and breathing of the patient was present. But the patient, who was unconscious, twitched. His hand move, his eyelids moved before his eyelashes fluttered.

The sickly and thin young man on the bed slowly opened his eyes.

He's still alive? Even after all of that? He's still alive?

Through the mask, his chapped lips move and uttered one word, one name.

“philia...”

____________________

Author:

Flute piece: Chu~ (灬º‿º灬)???

____________________

V2h5IHdvbid0IHlvdSBzdG9wIGJyZWF0aGluZz8=